Recommend me an amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmeeter
10+ year member

NY
Okay, I am new to sound systems and I never would have gotten in to them if it weren't for the fact that my '99 Altima came WITH a sub in the trunk.

Anyway, my friend gave me a free box with two Kicker Comp 12" speakers. I hooked one of them up to my 300w amp just to test it out and it sounds REALLY nice! Also, the box is solid on all sides and I was told that that's better than the ported kind... The problem is that the box has been stripped of the amp (of course).

What is a good middle of the road amp for this kind of set up? I don't need the best in the world, but don't want a piece of crap.

Thanks!

Here are the stats on the speakers:

# 12" 4-ohm subwoofer

# polymineral cone with double-stitched foam surround

# high-strength steel basket

# frequency response: 27-500 Hz

# power handling: 50-150 watts RMS

# peak power: 300 watts

# sensitivity: 89.1 dB

# mounting depth: 5-3/4"

# spring-loaded nickel-plated terminals

# works in free-air applications

# sealed box volume: 1.25-3.5 cu. ft.

# ported box volume: 1.75-2.25

# Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 2, 3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.