Recommend me a amp for these door speakers please!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Awesome!!!! Last question for you (silly question I probably already know.) Run the power wire from both amps on same side and all the others on the same side right? Can I hook up my ground on both amps to the same spot? Thanks man. Just those last questions and I should be good man!

Same ground is fine. Speaker wire with power wire is fine. What you don't want to do is run a low level signal (rca) with a power wire in parallel due to the possibility of introducing noise.

I'll have my 2 power wires on the right side and every other wire on the left side. Is that fine? Am I gonna have to get a power distribution block and all that. My battery has 2 positive and negatives on it top posts and side posts. I was seeing something about ground distribution blocks and power distribution blocks. Do I actually need those?

A power/ground distribution block is used to run one large power wire a location and then separate it to multiple wires to power several amps. Since you already have two power wires, there is no need to add more. I'm assuming one is for the sub amp and the other for the 4 channel amp. If you already have all those wires there and are not getting noise in the system, there is no need to change anything. Are you running the grounds all the way back to the battery?

The only wires to be concerned with running together are power and rca wires.

Yes, I just have the two power wires from the two amps but if getting a distribution block makes it easier and look a little better I may get it. But I would be fine just running the two cords and connecting them both to the same positive terminal? I don't have all those wires right now, I just have my subs hooked up I'm getting the amp next week.

No I have my ground by my amp behind the seat of my truck.

So you already have two 4 awg power wires ran? And yes you can connect them both to the same terminal. In essence it's the same thing as having one larger wire connected to the terminal. Going to a larger wire will not make it easier since you already have your wires ran. And you don't have to run the speaker wires separately from the power wires but sometimes it's easier since you don't have to pull the trim from both sides of the vehicle.

My bad! No right now I just have my 4 awg power wire from my amp for my subs. I'm gonna get all the other wires later when I get my amp. I just hope I can get the two 4 awg power wires down the trim together. I can make it work. I may get a power distribution block so it'll be easier to run one cord to my battery but then it's more money to get another fuse block and 1/0 gauge so I think I'll just connect the two power wires to the terminal and the two ground terminals to the same bolt on my ground.

With already having one wire, I'd do like you're thinking and just do another 4 awg. It will be cheaper than buying a 1/0 wire and needing to buy a distribution block.

It makes a world of difference especially at high volumes. Most hu only do like 15w rms and at high volumes it is stressing the amp in the hu. You will get a much cleaner sound plus be able to keep up with the 2 12's.

It makes a world of difference especially at high volumes. Most hu only do like 15w rms and at high volumes it is stressing the amp in the hu. You will get a much cleaner sound plus be able to keep up with the 2 12's.
I can't wait man! I run my speaker wire from my amp to my speakers in the front and rear right? Not to the HU?

Correct. The speaker output from the hu will need to just be blocked off. If it still has the factory connector, just unhook it. If it's bare wire, cut the wire and either tape up the end or put something like a crimp on it to make sure it doesn't connect to anything. And attach the wires to something in the door so they aren't just bouncing around in there as you might hear it. Duct tape works well in that situation. Electrical tape adhesive will wear off from the heat in the summer and become loose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.