Recommend me a amp for these door speakers please!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Correct. The speaker output from the hu will need to just be blocked off. If it still has the factory connector, just unhook it. If it's bare wire, cut the wire and either tape up the end or put something like a crimp on it to make sure it doesn't connect to anything. And attach the wires to something in the door so they aren't just bouncing around in there as you might hear it. Duct tape works well in that situation. Electrical tape adhesive will wear off from the heat in the summer and become loose.
Can I somehow attach the factory connects to my new speaker wire since I have no clue how to solder the new wire on the speakers?

They were after market fosgates lol. They have come kind of connector that just plugs into the square things on my speaker I have no clue how to connect my speaker wire to the new speakers I'm getting.

Do the new ones have spade terminals like the fosgates did or do they have a push type connector? If they are spade, they will come with a piece of wire with the opposite spade connector to slide on to the speaker terminals. If that is the case, you can use a crimp to connect the supplied wire with the speaker. The best connection to get is soldering the speaker wire directly to the speaker terminals. Soldering isn't hard but if you haven't done it before, see if someone you know has.

x575P152-B.jpeg

This is how the old ones were and how the new ones are also.

The best connection is to solder wires directly to those silver terminals. If not doing that, they came with a short harness with the opposite connector for each terminal. You can crimp the two wires together. Or you coukd solder the sleaker wire and the harness together.

Soldering is a better connection. If you have the supplies already, try it out on some spare wire and see if you can do it. If you can't just crimp it. Truthfully until you get in really high power applications, you would never notice the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.