recommend an amp, 2 12"alpine type r

vandiar2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
getting these bad boys sometimes close to christmas. i need to know a good amp to push these. i was thinking of a kicker 1000.1 or an alpine mrs 1000.. but I am hearing that these bad boys can take much more power than they are rated for. suggestions?

theyd be fine off a zx1000.1 they don't take a whole lot more than their rated power for daily

My buddy was running 2 12" R's in a prefab box off a KX1200.1, gain all the way up, bass boost all the way up every day for over a year.

I'm sure even without the incredible amount of clipped signal those subs were seeing they were still getting more than their rated power daily.

My buddy was running 2 12" R's in a prefab box off a KX1200.1, gain all the way up, bass boost all the way up every day for over a year.
I'm sure even without the incredible amount of clipped signal those subs were seeing they were still getting more than their rated power daily.
That is a no no

**** i got mine on 1k each. and allot other people are running more then there rated power to them
honestly. I have never heard these subs beat before. I hear they are VERY good though. I seem to think it is a good investment, but I want to hear it from someone that has a pair of them. They knock hard?

That is a no no
No shit... which is why he said it.

Dumb ass.

As for OP, many people on this forum give their AARRGGHHH's 1K a piece.

However, you should also think about buying a SD 1000D. Great customer service / products. I plan on getting a 1000D or a 1500D as my next amp.

Also, what's your budget? You never specified.

honestly. I have never heard these subs beat before. I hear they are VERY good though. I seem to think it is a good investment, but I want to hear it from someone that has a pair of them. They knock hard?
ya they do. you need to put them in a good box. go ported with 4-4.5 cubes at around 32hz and they should get loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.