Recommend 6.5'S for 200-350$

aqua acura
10+ year member

Another one of these stupid threads, I deeply apologize. I have been waiting to get new 6.5's, and I think it's about time. I originally was looking at a range of around 300$, but really am contemplating doing performance upgrades rather than stereo. Some recent speaker I have been looking at are:

Focal Polyglass V2(and upgraded)

Diamond Audio S600 Hex's

Diamond Audio D6

RE 6.5's (havn't really seen prices of XXX'S, just plain RE's...would like info)

I've also been trying to find info about lower end Rainbow speakers...If anyone has recommendations it would be greatly appreciated...I do NOT want mainstream brands like PG or Pioneer, sorry, I would like to be just a bit different. Also, for now, these speakers will NOT be amplified, just run off the head unit, once again I apologize. Thanks.

Another one of these stupid threads, I deeply apologize. I have been waiting to get new 6.5's, and I think it's about time. I originally was looking at a range of around 300$, but really am contemplating doing performance upgrades rather than stereo. Some recent speaker I have been looking at are:
Focal Polyglass V2(and upgraded)

Diamond Audio S600 Hex's

Diamond Audio D6

RE 6.5's (havn't really seen prices of XXX'S, just plain RE's...would like info)

I've also been trying to find info about lower end Rainbow speakers...If anyone has recommendations it would be greatly appreciated...I do NOT want mainstream brands like PG or Pioneer, sorry, I would like to be just a bit different. Also, for now, these speakers will NOT be amplified, just run off the head unit, once again I apologize. Thanks.
i will NOT help you if you power off the HU.

Woah, hold up!!

You want very nice components but arent going to amp them, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Stick to coaxials if your gona do that, or a cheap comp set, because not powering any of those comps with the power they need is a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Not amping them is like starving them dude, they will never sound like they can and should be off HU power!!!

With a $350 budget you can get a decent comp set and an amp. Check out the Kicker refurb amps over at http://www.hifisoundconnection.com. They are authorized to sell them. And why not some PG RSd65cs? Find an amp that can provide 2x150w rms. This will at least get you started with a decent front stage, then you can worry about dropping $300+ on comps later since you'll have the amp in place.

Get an amp for about $100, either a new Profile or a refurbished Kicker, or something from the classifieds. Then spend the other $250 on a set of Rainbow SLC 265 Kick's, and Bob's your uncle!

CMX 265's not 256's. Just dont want any confusion down the road. Get a cheap amp. You can find one for around 100.00 just like everyone says, and then get some descent speakers. The PGs are very good for what they cost, I dont even sell them and I would consider them for their price range. Just listen to what people have to say, make your own judgement on what you think you want, and then make a decision. Were all here to help.

-Aaron

Alright alright alright alright, I tried to chicken out but I'll go ahead and get an amp. I'll get an Alpine MRP series, I need my amps to match at least a bit. so now that that 150$ish is gone, any set for around 200$? SLC's sound nice, but the only place I can find rainbow is speedsound.com, no local stores.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.