recomendations on $100 price range subs.

cwzilly
10+ year member

Hates distortion
I was just woundering what you guys/galls think is the best bang for your buck for $100. I don't whant to spend much untill i have the dough, and nice car. I'm currently checking out Hifonics. Ok, heirs some details about my "issues":

I will be running the sub off a 300watt RMS amplifier. U.S.acoustic USX-2100; the power is ratted at 12.9volts, so im truly getting the full 300watts! I want to use the current box i have wich is a Q-logic 1 cubic foot box, and sealed (can be ported, but i want sealed). I'm a little worryed about it being to big for sealed aplications, but it should sound fine i guess (please don't tell me to go ported). Alternatore is at 90amps and fairly new so thats good enough (i don't turn the volume full blast). I will upgrade from my 10gauge wire to 4 or 8. Thats about it.

• 300 watts RMS 4ohms
  • 1 cubic foot sealed box
  • $100 price range

What do you think of the amp. It has variable high pass, and low pass (at 24octave) crossovers; extra large mossfet capacitores; 0-18db bass bost; less than .01% THD; gold plated termanels; and currently on factory clearence for $100. Plus, their built in the USA!

O' yea; sound quality (SQ); i plan on actually "listening" to music, so i don't whant SPL or ear drum bleeders. Good overall linear response, and well rounded bass. My amp is capable of decent tuning, and i have a good Pioneer reciever. That pretty much rounds it up.......

if you want to stay local, i believe circuit city has alpine type-r's for 120, they just have to order them for you. I got my diamond cm3 for 115 from my local shop and i've been happy with it. And im also assuming you want a 12 inch?

Hi,

is that 300 watts rms x 2?.....

cause I would go with the pioneer 10" 250 watt rms free-airs or it's bigger brother the 12" 300 watt rms free-air....."no box required" and it's sounds nice and tight!

$60 for the 10" and $70 for the 12". Check it out for yourself....http://www.thezeb.com....."FREE SHIPPING!"

I have the 10" and it sounds like 12" subs...."hard hitting and tight"......and......

I have allllll of my trunk space..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

From what i hear the Shiva is not a small box sub according to winISD it is definately not! So maybe you would want to look elsewhere. Alpine type R sound good in about 1ft^sealed (at least the one i heard did but it was around 500wrms) How about a Dayton Quatrro from http://www.partsexpress.com it is pretty cheap and i have heard really good things about it! I believe the Pheonix Gold Ti 12 can be had for around 100 dollars from Ebay! That is a swell sub as well!

-Ian

From what i hear the Shiva is not a small box sub according to winISD it is definately not!
Haha ... WinISD ...

I'm running my Shiva's with about 1.25ft^3/driver right now. And this is a 'sound quality' set-up.

The aforementioned K series would be a soild choice as well as the Shiva.

Crystal Cse series and Image Dynamics ID series are in that range as well.

- Steve

Haha ... WinISD ...
I'm running my Shiva's with about 1.25ft^3/driver right now. And this is a 'sound quality' set-up.

The aforementioned K series would be a soild choice as well as the Shiva.

Crystal Cse series and Image Dynamics ID series are in that range as well.

- Steve
Well i was worng!!! you heard it straight from a fella doing it! I like the Shiva i just didnt know it operated well in a small enclosure!!! I would go for teh shiva or K either one...

Hi all,

I don't know where this "big box required" thing came from, but if you look at the required box sizes for a given alignment, you'll find Shiva actually uses a SMALLER box than most of the under $200 subs out there (JL, Kicker, MTX, Alpine, Pioneer, etc).

Sometimes we recommend a decently sized box, because lower Q alignments play lower in-car and tend to sound better. But for a given Q, Shivas are often as small, if not smaller, than other similarly priced options.

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audio

Ok guys I know cwzilly and he wants a 10... so the shiva is out of the quesion anyways...

I told him to get a PG titianium off cbrstereo for 79 bucks or an id v3 or an ed O.

If anyone has any other suggestions than these we would like to hear them but I think these are his best choices.

i would get 2 roadmaster 6's that are already in a box and hell they even handle 300 watts for only 15 bucks at wal mart they hit really hard.................

not really go with punch z its really cheap and good 4 the price 50 bucks i think

hope that helps

10" Kappa perfect is a nice SQ sub, and it likes 300wrms. I have a perfect 12" pushed by that same amp (USX 2100) Its not going to win any spl contest but mine sound pretty **** good. They can be found on Ebay pretty cheap. Peace CC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.