Recomendations for GPS

hollowpoint
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NJ
I might go out and get a GPS. I borrowed a friends Garmin Nuvi200 or something like that and it was pretty sweet. He got it so 130 and said it would probally cost alot more. Are their any recommendations for ones id say $250 and under?

Its got to have that Voice turn thing. and if you know what the Nuvi200 has in it. That too.

Is that a good price for one? I dont have a clue about GPS. And most GPS use the same software and satellites right? Im just worried that if I get a different one than the one I used, it will ****

I have a Garmin Nuvi 200. I use it for work.

It's pretty nice unit, but you have to pay to get map updates. I got mine from Circuit City for $199 I think.

IMO its worth it.

Yeah Im looking to buy new anyways. Does anyone know if Magellan is good? I looked at the specs compared to Garmin and they seem the same. It got decent reviews on Cnet but is it just that brand thing that is getting to me?

Okay I work at bestbuy and just gonna tell you what I know on them and from when I have ****ed with them.
Tomtom = ****. They are a pain in the ass to use, their maps arent as good as say Garmin or Megallen .

Megallen = Decent, around the same as Garmin. They dont have as wide of a choice as garmin so its harder to find one that suits your needs exactly. And some of the features are harder to use. Like one of the Megallens have a feature you talk to it and it does it, well it doesnt work on entering in addresses, and its really hard to get it to work correctly.

Garmin = My favorite. They are easy to use, good features, they work great, have a good warranty, tons of aftermarket accessories, etc. Ones like the Nuvi 750 are my favorite. They have an FM transmitter, mp3 player, says out the road names out loud where as some others just say turn left in 30 feet, it has blue tooth for your phone and what not. Also ones like the Garmin Nuvi 200 are nice. They are like 300 bucks, dont say the road names, but are just a basic gps that works very good.

OK cool thanks for the help. Seems Ill be going the Garmin way. Since you work there could you possibly refer a couple of garmins like $300 and under?

Pretty much the nuvi200 has everything I need, So I would probally end up getting that. But are there any ones that are alot better that have the same features as the 200 and still under $300?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.