Recoil Audio

AnthonyO
10+ year member

Budget Banger Connoisseur
Most of you know that I am a huge fan of budget builds. So I started looking for a budget brand and ran upon Recoil Audio
I've only been able to find a few videos of the brand. But from what I see the amplifiers do RMS power. And the subs seem like a decent budget subwoofer. I may try a couple of the 8's this summer.

I tried the DI550.4 amplifier. It sounded like trash and clipped way before it's rated power. I set everything up with a DMM with oscilloscope and everything. Sent it back after trying to adjust it all day. Ended up installing a Kicker 360.4 in it's place and couldn't be happier. That experience really left a bad taste in my mouth for any recoil products.

I bought a Recoil line driver/LOC to tinker with in my work shop. It has impressed me enough to leave it hooked up. Recoil model QLOC+D

I cant imagine the speakers being worth the coin. The specs indicate lower DB rating as well as RMS power handling. May be fine on a boat or an ATV IMO

I had a pair of the 6.5" components and they were on par with the Kenwood 6.5" components I have now that were 3x the price and I had em over a year and zero issues. If I had one complaint probably with the crossovers as they some what struggled with keeping the tweeters at the right output to the woofer.. not enuf to too much

Not looking for mids and highs. If I was, CDT still has stuff on sale.
Looking for budget subs.
I saw the Posting for the Mids and Highs and read the thread wrong I guess or it was a bit vague for me on looking for a sub/subs? I guess I read it wrong??
For a Cheap 8 inch sub..Budget minded.. I think Rockville would be a fairly decent choice or one to take a look at

Looking for 2-10’s that will handle 500 watts in a shallow mount sealed enclosure. MOUNTING DEPTH: 5.125"
Ive ran a pair of these in the past on a PPI Phantom 1000.1d, and even on an Autotek Mean Machine 99and they surprised the hell out of me for as cheap as they are.

Ive ran a pair of these in the past on a PPI Phantom 1000.1d, and even on an Autotek Mean Machine 99and they surprised the hell out of me for as cheap as they are.

Mounting Depth: 5.6"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...