reasonably priced amp that can fully power my pioneer ts-w300d24? or other options

matticus

I recently found out that my Power Acoustik 900W RMS@4ohm amp that I got from sonicelectronix is more like 500 because there are only two 25 fuses.

My subwoofer is a Pioneer ts-w3002d4, a 1000W RMS 4 ohm 12" subwoofer. I was wondering if I could somehow wire my current amp to it's 2ohm setting which, on the site is rated for 1400W RMS, if it isn't already wired that way (had someone else do it).

If I can't do that, could someone help me find a different amp? Or should I contact sonicelectronix about the manufacturer giving them incorrect specifications?

Please looking for help, kind of feeling like a newbie who got cheated.

Manufacturers lie and cheat all the time about specs. Doubt that will help your cause to complain. Not to mention in the 90's to early 2000's companies would lie the other way around. They would say you had a 50 watt amp when it was actually an 800 watt amp. Stay away from bargain brands if you want more real world specs.

also for that sub, its a dual 4 ohm so you might want to get more power than needed because after box rise it'll go up to 2.4 ohms-ish. Also it likes bigger enclosures than what the manufacturer's specs list.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.