Rear view mirror rattle

Participant count
  • Participant list
1st if u can hear rattles over bass ur not loud enough

2nd is the mirror/glass rattling? Put dabs of super glue around the edge

3rd once u do get loud enough them big heavy auto dimming mirror will break off and most likely take a chunk out the windshield so just ditch the mirror all together

See i would do that but I'm a poor college kid and was looking for a cheap, fast thing to do to stop it. For example, in my last car it had a standard mirror that rattled against the back plate which was attached to the window, I took gorilla glue and sealed the edges and it fixed it.

1st if u can hear rattles over bass ur not loud enough2nd is the mirror/glass rattling? Put dabs of super glue around the edge

3rd once u do get loud enough them big heavy auto dimming mirror will break off and most likely take a chunk out the windshield so just ditch the mirror all together
1) I plan on upgrading when I'm out of college but for now 1000RMS is all i can afford //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

2)it seems to stop when I hold in with my hand on top and bottom, idk if that is useful. Any brand of glue you would recommend? I don't know much about glue to be honest lol

3) I would prefer to keep my mirror also

Hi I have one of those automatic dimming mirrors in my car and it rattles SO loud when my subs hit certain frequencies, was wondering if anyone had any tricks they used to get this to stop or at least make it rattle less.
Remove it

You can go to a salvage yard and find a replacement for about $10 bucks?? Other than that.. for about the same amount of money,1/2" sch 40 pvc and 2 suction cups worked for me at one time.one on each side/bracing.In Tx. if you have two outside mirrors you are legal not to have a rear view in place.All states are different,and you need to check with DMV about it,so you dont get fined.Other than that..Id remove it and get some blind spot mirrors from auto store for like $6 bucks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.