Rear Sway Bar

schackel
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
How can a sway bar get damaged? would getting T-boned near the rear of the car be a possiblitly? how else could it get damaged?

and lastly if the sway bar can be damaged this what what would happen to it? Bent inward? crack?

Well what vehicle do you have first. And really your sway bar end links will wear out first. Mostly from the grease inside the boots wearing away. Or coming out from the boots being torn or cracked dried out.

Also yes your sway bar can get bent from an accident. But really that would be the least of your worries being in a accident.

Also Some sway bars the bushings can wear as well. Or come out of place. See that on fords alot. Also The get dried out as well and make noises.

Also on the sway bar. They can rust bad and actually crack in half. Spilt were the rust is bad enough. See that mostly on front sway bars. Also they split at the mounting points at the end links. Seen that alot.

endlinks will wear out as stated. the bushings will get worn out and squeek, bind up etc. if you get in an accident then yes it can get damaged just as anything else can it metal and will bend but if bad enough yes it certainly will crack. what car is this on? not too many cars come with them on rear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.