Rear speaker Popping from sub pressure

7ender
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm sure other people have had this problem since i'm not even running that much of a setup, but I can't find any info on it.

When my sub hits hard, my rear speaker (only one) makes an extremely loud popping sound. No, it's not a bad ground issue or the speaker itself popping- the sub spl is making it happen. Iv'e turned the sub off and the speaker plays fine- it is not blown or anything.

How do I fix this?? Iv'e never heard anything like it. I'd really like to keep my rear fill and not take them out...but if I need to, guess they'll have to go.

Any suggestions/experiences like this?

rear speaker?

rip those suckers out and get your girlfriend to piss on them.

You need to enclose the back of the speaker separate from the woofer... this is common sense..

Really? Iv'e honestly never heard that before...lol but yes, it makes complete sense. Usually I don't run my rear speakers anyways, just have them for when other people are in the car.

Guess i'll go rip em out now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll prolly pick some of those up soon.

As for now, took out the speak's and it's much better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Really happy with my new setup...finally getting front windshield flex!

with those xtc baffles do you have to remove the speakers (for 6x9s) or does it just push on without removal?
remove the speakers.

I guess you could glue the baffles in place from underneath, but I've never heard of anyone doing that...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.