rear speaker distortion and wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list

jguads86

Little backround. I have a 80prs h/u with a polk audio 660 amp . I recently switch from standard mode to network mode on the h/u. A week after started to get some distortion from the right rear speaker. Its random and could go days without . I switch the left front wires to the right rear port and the distortion change to the left front . Could I been dealing with a bad amp or wiring? Does brand of wiring for speakers or amp matter? If so what brand should I use for them?

if you're talking about speaker output wire to the speaker, and NOT rca's, it is going to be anything up the line from the speaker line. i.e. amp, RCA's, headunit, and anything that effects the signal inbetween.

I thought so. Well my idea was to rewire from head unit back . I'll start there and see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I would start by checking that all power/gnds are secure, then verify that the RCA's are connected firmly without being pinched anywhere. Swap the RCA's and see if the issue changes speakers, if so, you'll know the amp is fine and that the RCA's and up are where the problem occurs.

as you can tell it's a process of elimination

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.