really getting irritated! need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

513lette

ohio
okay i have a 97 pathfinder that had a kenwood cd player installed when i bought it. i went and got a newer cd player and installed it no problem. fast forward to today, decided to put the old cd player back in...hooked everything up as normal and the cd player wont turn on. i thought maybe a fuse had blown hecked the one on the back of the cd player, under the dash and even under the hood. all were good. so i hooked the cd player up to the car battery and it came on. went and bought a new harness thinking maybe it had a short, still no power. what the hell is going in!

im not an expert but as ling as something us thoroughly explained im usually hood at understanding stuff.

okay i have a 97 pathfinder that had a kenwood cd player installed when i bought it. i went and got a newer cd player and installed it no problem. fast forward to today, decided to put the old cd player back in...hooked everything up as normal and the cd player wont turn on. i thought maybe a fuse had blown hecked the one on the back of the cd player, under the dash and even under the hood. all were good. so i hooked the cd player up to the car battery and it came on. went and bought a new harness thinking maybe it had a short, still no power. what the hell is going in!
im not an expert but as ling as something us thoroughly explained im usually hood at understanding stuff.
Do you still have the older head unit to see if it will power on?

The older HU is the one I'm trying to install. I sold the newer one I bought because I hated it but it had been too long since I bought it and I couldn't return it to the store. The thing that is confusing me though is that when I took the newer HU out which was a JVC, it was working great, there was only a 15 minute gap from when I took the new one out, sold it and then tried to put the old one back in..

The older HU is the one I'm trying to install. I sold the newer one I bought because I hated it but it had been too long since I bought it and I couldn't return it to the store. The thing that is confusing me though is that when I took the newer HU out which was a JVC, it was working great, there was only a 15 minute gap from when I took the new one out, sold it and then tried to put the old one back in..
If you can find another head unit to test I'd do that. Then you can narrow down the problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.