Really Dumb Question Needs Urgent Answer

mklfrederick

JHB
hey, so I've never payed much attention to the whole car audio thing (far as i was concerned u put the cd in, it played, great) but i'm going to go and get a new HU tomorrow and the guy I'm buying my stuff from is really keen on Rockford. Are rockford HU's decent and if not what should i go for instead - im ignorant and at your mercy. shot.

dude

try to get an Alpine CDA-9835 head unit if you can... ive been advizing it to everyone.. it still seems to be the best choice... the new alpine modem is the CDA-9855 but stay very far from it, it's only giving problem...

a CDA-9815 is also a good choice you can get still new for 250 bucks from leftover i think...

go with Alpine... no complains so far...

It completely, 100% depends on your budget, and what features you are looking for in a headunit.

Rockford decks are okay.....I'd pick up an Alpine, Pioneer or Clarion before a Rockford though.

the only RF HU i'd touch is the 8250, which isnt even a RF.

but since u dont really care that much, just find one that plays cd's well and doesnt cause any problems.

k shot for the help so far...

i do kinda care cause im thinking of spending some cash and time in building up something reasonable, and in terms of price range for the HU i suppose I'm looking at spending between $250 and $350 (doing quick conversions from Rand to dollars lol)

so clarion and alpine and pioneer are the front runners - if u had to rank them how would they line up?

pioneer is first place as long as it's a $300+ model

Alpine is first for the $100-$300 class

couldn't tell you about a clarion tho.

get the Alpine CDA-9835 dude
for real

it has a better SQ than Pioneers
please, do explain.

OG poster, alpine, pioneer, and clarion are all good. just dont cheap out on the HU, one of the most important parts of a system.

You must buy an Alpine!

There is other manufacturers that make better HU's outthere, and Alpine is having horrible problems this year with their HU's breaking down and pathetic preouts, but hey its phucking ALPINE man!, isn't a brand name the whole reason for buying electronics anyway?.

Bottom line, you are not cool unless your stuff has Alpine logos on it.

(or whatever the current trend is)

dude
try to get an Alpine CDA-9835 head unit if you can... ive been advizing it to everyone.. it still seems to be the best choice... the new alpine modem is the CDA-9855 but stay very far from it, it's only giving problem...

a CDA-9815 is also a good choice you can get still new for 250 bucks from leftover i think...

go with Alpine... no complains so far...

Do you own one? Yeah, old batches were terrible. I think now all stores only sell the new batches anyways. They are very good HU's, especially once you get used to the glide touch. IMO, get closer if it's in your budget.

Don't get an alpine. I had a 9827 and it ****** major ass. My HU that was 8yrs old (Clarion RDB355 was WAY better then it. I ended up getting a DXZ655mp from clarion and everything is clear and crisp. Plenty of settings, 700+ color displays, cd text all the goodies. Even an LED/anti-theft light after you remove the faceplate.

the only problem with my old RDB355 = no preouts. Other than that was crisp and clean.

Clarion's first on my list. Then Pioneer. Plenty of my buds had them and they have ALOT of settings on them, I tuned all their systems in for them. 3rd would be kenwood, they've had some decent products comin out. Which is sweet.

I always liked alpine, untill I baught a HU. I still run their amp to my mids and it kicks ass. I'm sure their higher range HU's are where its at. For lower price and higher quality, go with clarion. Really nice hu for the buck. Only problem, some of them look tacky. Here's mine...

Go with a clarion.

CLADXZ655MP_1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.