Ready to move up from the Rockford P3, Input please on new sub.

DownFire
10+ year member

Hey all, I tire of the Rockford P3 12" and after hearing a ID MAX I can't go back to my car. I want to move up to a better sub geared twords SQL. I have a limited amount of changes I can make so it's going to be a sub switch out with the same amp. I can give it 500rms of Alpine power and it needs to do well in a 1.25 cubic foot box sealed. I want to try hard to find a sub for the box because I had the box made and it is really nice and strong, so I have been looking at:

Budget has to stay in the $250-300 range and run at 2ohms

SSA Icon

Sundown SA series

Incriminator audio ( not sure which line )

Image Dynamics IDQ 12v2

Since a lot of you use these subs maybe you can reccomend a sub that fits my needs or let me in on somthing not listed. I feel I can get a nice sub for my budget and I want to break out of the mainstream brands and see what else is good, but this is getting confusing! Thanks!

Thanks! FI looks like an awesome option. I don't think I'll have enough power to keep them happy, although if they are custom made is it possible to bring down the RMS? I really don't want to go up in the amp deparpment because I don't have the funds to upgrade my eletrical system and get the amp and sub also.

Cool thanks! Got nothing to loose getting an FI, prob use the P3 as a chip bowl. Moving up in power will be an option in six months or so.

how much is an IDMAX? It seems rather expensive if it's more than $300, but maybe it's worth it. Maybe you can pick up a used one on here. Used Eclipse is nice too, TC based products. Since you're in SD, maybe you can go to their factory and buy it direct lol

Which elemental designs model are we talking? Does look like some cherry stuff! This is where I get screwed I try ten diffrent subs find one I really like then have nine laying around and bills up my ***! FI and Sundown are top two on the list so far. I wish I could hear these subs! No shops I have come across in San Diego except Street Noyz has anything worth a ****.

IDMAX I see is 449 on the net, I'd love one but it's just eye candy now. TC is based in San Diego!? Can you even get stuff hot off the line? I was checking out the DC stuff and it looks like it will fit the bill too. I am going to talk to some buds and see if I can locate anyone in San Diego with some of this stuff that I can listen to. What a helpfull thread thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.