RE8 Question

I have two RE8s in a .7 sealed box, with 150 watts to each. More than enough power to make them bottom out if the volume is turned up. They sound great for what they are, and the size, but they aren't going to compare to alot of larger subs. It easily out does my friends 12" rockford, but I use to have a 12" crystal CMP with 800 watts to it, and that obviously was a better setup.

They aren't bad, but if you have space, I would run a nice 12" or 10".

I have my 2 in a .50 ported box with 200 watts going to each. They sound great. I have no problems with them bottoming out. I have my gains set right and my box tuned right to get it at 35hz with that small of box. Very pleased and surprised with what they put out. I'm able to out do bigger set ups with these 2 8s.

By the way, 100 watts would work fine.

would 2 re 10's be better.
Yes, just like 2 12s would be better then 2 10s. Just depends on what you want, how much space and money you have to work with. Of course a lot depends on the install itself as to how it will sound and how hard it will hit.

Like I said, decide based on what you are wanting in the way of sound and output.

Good luck!

I have two RE8s in a .7 sealed box, with 150 watts to each. More than enough power to make them bottom out if the volume is turned up. They sound great for what they are, and the size, but they aren't going to compare to alot of larger subs. It easily out does my friends 12" rockford, but I use to have a 12" crystal CMP with 800 watts to it, and that obviously was a better setup.
They aren't bad, but if you have space, I would run a nice 12" or 10".
Port them in that box and you will be amazed at the out put you will gain.

Go with a 3'' round port 19.58'' long, which gives you a box tuned at 35 hz. Use 3'' thin wall PVC from Lowe's.

Never mind if you are going for just SQ or just like sealed over ported. Just wanted to help out if you are looking to gain out put from them and thought that your box would be to small for them ported. I made a sealed box and a ported box. The sealed sounded good, but when I put them in my small .50 ported box tuned at 35 hz, I gained like 1/3 the output from the sealed box. Never thought that it would work in that small of a box, but it did big time.

O.K. I'll stop now.

I thinking 1 cubes ported
That's a big yes. I didn't have any more room with my setup. Wish I did, but it turned out fine.

If the rec. 1 cub for 2 RE8s ported are any louder than mine, I couldn't even imagine how loud that would be for 2 8s.

My setup is in a qlogic tundra box, which can't exactly be ported. I would if I could, but I don't think I can do anything without butchering the box up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.