RE XXX types

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alphafrog1
10+ year member

PURDUE!!!!
Just curious... What are the good and/or bad things about getting an RE XXX in either...

dual 2 ohm

dual 4 ohm

quad 2 ohm

Mine is currently a quad 2, but i am sending it back tomorrow to get re-coned and the guy gave me a choice of the new type to get, and i don't know if i should stick with the quad or go with a dual. Anyone got any advice?

Just curious... What are the good and/or bad things about getting an RE XXX in either...
dual 2 ohm

dual 4 ohm

quad 2 ohm

Mine is currently a quad 2, but i am sending it back tomorrow to get re-coned and the guy gave me a choice of the new type to get, and i don't know if i should stick with the quad or go with a dual. Anyone got any advice?
What amp are you using?

It really depends on what final ohm load you need.

I have a Quad 1.4-ohm XXX 18 and have my amp 2 1.4-ohm but that's really 2-ohm on my DEI 2400d. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The will make whatever load you need. My 12" xxx is current at Dual 1.7, which lets me drop my amps down to .5ohm so i can get a nice 3kw in power lol

Other than wiring options, I don't believe so ...

Having a quad coil driver bumps you up a class / changes your class in some organizations too I think.

- Steve

Other than wiring options, I don't believe so ...
Having a quad coil driver bumps you up a class / changes your class in some organizations too I think.

- Steve

Yeah that is the only thing that i noticed about it... that it bumped me up a class in competition. If they are the same then i am going to go ahead and get the dual then... I prolly would have done that when i bought it but they didn't have dual back then, just quad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Alphafrog1

10+ year member
PURDUE!!!!
Alphafrog1
Cincinnati, Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date