re xxx 12" vs team rockford 12"

BIGBLK74
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im in a bit of a dilema, i have two subs to choose from but i dont know which one would be the best choice, the subs r a Team rockford 12, or a RE audio xxx 12 which do u guys think will pound harder for a daily set up. Which ever one i choose will be run by a orion 2500d. Any input on these woofer is greatly appreciated.

Gonna be hard finding people with experience on both of these drivers.

The new XXX has always been to impractical for any normal application I wanted to run.

Not really comparable subs to me.. But whatever... What year XXX??? If you plan on running more power later down the road then the TRF.. The XXX will sound better though in my opinion.

totally different subs. the trf being a true spl sub and the xxx being sql. the trf will not sound good it is ment for higher frequencys and you dont have enough power for a pair of them...

Completely different subs and requirements. The TRF has the ability to get much louder than the XXX, but in a daily set-up with your power it isn't really practical.

TRF's LOVE power.

If you're putting them in the Cadi, then you have the room for either one. The RF will get louder on the right power, but won't sound nearly as good, the XXX will sound great on the Orion amp but won't get as loud. The ported box requirment for either will be on the large side, 5cuft+, but I'd go with the XXX in 2cuft sealed and do a really clean install. It may not be ungodly loud, but it will give you the best of both worlds. Its easier to find a second one also, if you ever want to upgrade

The new XXX does tend to lend itself to large sealed boxes. Very large, if you want to get anywhere near its excursion potential out of it. But everyone always puts them in too small of ported boxes, then complains they are lackluster performers. Duh.

Even ported, you'll want a larger box than RE recommends.

with my experience in subs like that..... for some reason in all my applications the XXX got louder to the ear off the same rms over my SPL oriented subs... Along with that the SQ was waayyyyy better...

But the meter said differently....

The new XXX does tend to lend itself to large sealed boxes. Very large, if you want to get anywhere near its excursion potential out of it. But everyone always puts them in too small of ported boxes, then complains they are lackluster performers. Duh.
Even ported, you'll want a larger box than RE recommends.
This is common for most companies. To hand out smaller specs then optium size.

XXX sure looks like a beefy mother....

I'd like to try it one day

This is common for most companies. To hand out smaller specs then optium size.
XXX sure looks like a beefy mother....

I'd like to try it one day
It is common. But from what Ive heard, RE's recommendations are way too small. I just made a point in the jackhammer thread that MTX puts them in too small of enclosures because they know a realistic sized box for them would be dauntingly large to the average consumer driving a Prelude. The new XXX has much the same marketing strategy/problem.
I wouldn't mind trying a new XXX in an HT setting.

thanks everyone for the input, "splaudio" im only going to put one 12 in the caddy. The only reason im considering the TRF is because i can get one for around 350 from my cousin, and in my previous setup i had to RF power hx2 15's (that will be up forsale on the site very soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BIGBLK74

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
BIGBLK74
stafford, va
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date