RE SX vs. FI BL

RE SX or FI BL

• Total voters
SX is comparable to the SSD with a flatwound coil in it...
The new BL is almost on par with the MT..
im going to have to disagree 100%. the ssd is nowhere near the sx. the and the bl is nowhere near the mt. i have owned both bl's and mts, and have friends with sx's and ssds and you totally wrong. mts are spl subs and bls are mostly daily. so, again imma have to agree with ppl before me, there are MANY factors involved.... case closed :p

how would it compare with the ssd the sensativity on the sx 15 is 90.4 and the bl is 91.8 the ssd is only 87.8 and the sx has triple stack motor with a higher xmax than the ssd and bl so it can hit lower frequencys than the bl so i dont see how u would compare the sx to the ssd the sx is a spl sub the ssd cant compare.
I bet you dont even no what those numbers mean do you??

im going to have to disagree 100%. the ssd is nowhere near the sx. the and the bl is nowhere near the mt. i have owned both bl's and mts, and have friends with sx's and ssds and you totally wrong. mts are spl subs and bls are mostly daily. so, again imma have to agree with ppl before me, there are MANY factors involved.... case closed :p
you and your friends=shitty installs??

He is 10000% correct

i got my info on what all of it means from tcsounds.com and im shure they know what they are talking about. a sub with higher sensitivity(spl 1w/1m) will be louder than one in the same comparison than one with a lower sensetivity.

i got my info on what all of it means from tcsounds.com and im shure they know what they are talking about. a sub with higher sensitivity(spl 1w/1m) will be louder than one in the same comparison than one with a lower sensetivity.
In theory yes, in the real world no...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If you would like to know more, talk to the engineer that used to design for RE before they were bought by USamps and before he started his own company. O if you didn't know who that is, he's the owner of Fi Audio.

yeah i know he started frc audio back in 97 now known as re audio but then it was sold, but i think that re is in some ways better, now thats just in my opinion i know that fi is amazing but their are better like rd, dd, dc, tc/audiopulse, cascade. but the only fi if i ever own one would only be the btl i dont care for the rest of their subs but i would rather have a dc lvl 5 18". dont hate me cause im not fi's biggest fan i just want better.

i heard the mt and it is so much louder than the sx. and their is no way the bl compares to it. the mt is a PURE SPL SUB.
dude, you have no idea what you're talking about

mt are like bl?
prove it buddy! btl cant match the power of mt's

ssd is like sx?? oh yeah! lol
nobody is comparing a BTL with an MT here

and the new BL's can almost match the power of an MT if thats what you were trying to say

mt are like bl?
prove it buddy! btl cant match the power of mt's

ssd is like sx?? oh yeah! lol
Yep it is...BL is now a dual stack of 220mm magnets, the only reason the MT had another slug on it was for clearance reasons..it did add a smidge more Bl (about 5%)..however the new BL's have a lot of cooling technology and other things inside of the motor that does scrub motor strength off.

Also, why would one go backwards in technology when one already owned the former company in question? That's just foolish.

With that said, Yes..they are very comparable.

^ knows said subs very well. xmax isnt everything or the xxx would be a spl sub. sen means nothing all depends on the enclosure. the sx is a good woofer no doubt.

is the sx(x) made in china now, looks like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

the Answer

10+ year member
DC audio FTMFW
the Answer
sumter county, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies