RE SE12s vs. Adire Shivas

yes the shivas are only 115 shipped and im also considering buying 2 of these. when wiring in parallel..do u lose any power or any type of performance and is this safe to do this?

yes the shivas are only 115 shipped and im also considering buying 2 of these. when wiring in parallel..do u lose any power or any type of performance and is this safe to do this?
where are they 115 shipped? i know on Acoustic-visions they had a special awhile back where they were 115.

i have the SE's in a sealed box right now and they

are definately GREAT for sound quality... they arent

in the least bit muddy sounding or overly boomy

making the rest of the music sound like crap...

they have a sh1tload more SPL and SQ than JLW3v2's...

ive never heard and adire sub but i have heard they

are all about SQ... but RE is too... you just have to

pick the right line... SE, XXX are SQ oriented while

SX and MT are SPL oriented... the RE's are entry

level...

resonant engineering makes the sexiest motherf'ing

subs out there... my girlfriend is convinced i would

screw them if i could... : )

if there wasnt an uberwoofer from RE on the horizon

i would probably give a brahma a try so i am not

biased against adire in any way... just get

what fits your price range... there would be no

disappointment if you go with either companies

product...

yeah thats a little much for one sub for me. Since I like sq, i guess ill go wit 2 shivas. ARe there any more subs like the shivas in the same price range?
Alumapro Alchemy Mx's and ID subs are worth a look in that price range- they are highly regarded SQ drivers

i have the SE's in a sealed box right now and theyare definately GREAT for sound quality... they arent

in the least bit muddy sounding or overly boomy

making the rest of the music sound like crap...

they have a sh1tload more SPL and SQ than JLW3v2's...

ive never heard and adire sub but i have heard they

are all about SQ... but RE is too... you just have to

pick the right line... SE, XXX are SQ oriented while

SX and MT are SPL oriented... the RE's are entry

level...

resonant engineering makes the sexiest motherf'ing

subs out there... my girlfriend is convinced i would

screw them if i could... : )

if there wasnt an uberwoofer from RE on the horizon

i would probably give a brahma a try so i am not

biased against adire in any way... just get

what fits your price range... there would be no

disappointment if you go with either companies

product...

What uber sub? How much will it be?

that is very true...im looking into either one of these subs myself...but either way there will be no disappointment. i have heard in another forum before that "shivas r good spl and have a great sq.but REse have great spl and have excellent spl."

shiva is adires 12" designed for sq

se is Resonant engineering's 12" sq sub also

i guess it all comes down to money..i have no doubt in my mind that shivas arent best for their value. but if u want more then u have to pay more. how much would a pair of se's cost and an amp to push them in parallel.

whoever says SE's are geared more towards SPL doesnt know what hes talking about. like geoffery said the SE and XXX are SQ subs that can just very loud at the same time. I would be willing to bet the SE's sound as good if not better than the shivas.

i even agree that se's are better...and i will probly end up gettin the shivas... : ( jus dont have the money to run the Se's. shivas still are the best for the money and if anyone has anything better its cus they paid alot more. u can get the shivas for 250 a pair...Se's somethin like 350 a pair. and the se's are 600rms vs 375rms which means they are almost double the power. and with that means a bigger amp..or 2 of one kind. still questioning both however. the only thing that worries me about the shivas performance is that its only 375 rms and i kno tons of subs out there with more...pioneer premiers,xplods, rockfords, etc. i dont wanna have to shown up by anyone of these.lol But i kno the shiva will be definately clearer but i dont want my system to be weak in any way...can anyone help?

i even agree that se's are better...and i will probly end up gettin the shivas... : ( jus dont have the money to run the Se's. shivas still are the best for the money and if anyone has anything better its cus they paid alot more. u can get the shivas for 250 a pair...Se's somethin like 350 a pair. and the se's are 600rms vs 375rms which means they are almost double the power. and with that means a bigger amp..or 2 of one kind. still questioning both however. the only thing that worries me about the shivas performance is that its only 375 rms and i kno tons of subs out there with more...pioneer premiers,xplods, rockfords, etc. i dont wanna have to shown up by anyone of these.lol But i kno the shiva will be definately clearer but i dont want my system to be weak in any way...can anyone help?
hey man dont get me wrong the shivas im sure are awesome. adire makes nothing but great drivers. u cant go wrong with either, ull be very happy with the shivas, good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.