RE or ED??? Decisions, Decisions!!!

Hmmm. Interesting read. Thanks for all the info put forth everyone. This will not change what I plan on buying. If things go sour for me a $300 mistake hasn't killed me yet, and I doubt it will.

And blow off he did....
What I'm gathering from his posts, is that he isn't sorry one bit about any of what he did, whether it be on decisions of what to sell or decisions made between him and his "friends."

I deal with hundreds of people a week, over 2.5 years If I've pissed off 1/10th the number of people who have pissed me off. I'm doing better than some. - Ben Milne

Pissing someone off and bending someone over and taking their money and/or betraying their friendship are two different in my book. I guess all his responses have shown me are his lack of remorse for any of the things he's done to backstab people who he called "friends" at one point or another. Ah well, I guess I'm just on the anti-eD bandwagon though, right? I'm done with all of this. The info is out there and people can make their own decisions about how they feel. Just think of one thing before you pass off some of our comments as anti-eD. Who actually stands to gain from all of this? I dont think any of us who have had personal problems stand to gain anything, but what does Ben stand to gain, money. Just think about it.
**** it..i don't even know what to say.

It was in response to the above post...eh nevermind...

All this stuff is a real bummer to hear. I mean not only did a lot of my friends get screwed, but a company I actualy liked at one point just lied to everyone.

Just goes to show you people will do anything for money. Although thats probably already been said.

**** it..i don't even know what to say.
I'm confused, can you elaborate a bit? Did I say something wrong? Maybe I was off-base on that last comment about who stands to gain what, but the rest is just how I feel. It just seems to me that he's basically saying, "yeah, I did what they said, tough luck, thats life" and that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what Ben's trying to say though.

I'm sure Ben gets quite frustrated with people asking dumb questions left and right, and I'm sure that pisses him off, but there is a huge difference between being aggrevating or pissing someone off, and betraying and flat out lying to someone, and thats only compounded by the fact that that someone is your "friend."

Probably should have just left it alone after my initial round of posts, but I have this bad habit of having to say something when it comes to issues like this. Note to self, keep mouth shut more often. As I said, the facts are out there. Loyd said his piece. I said my piece. Others said theres. Ben has said his. It's all on the table. That last post by me should have just been left out. Sorry fellas. Thats the personal side of this whole deal coming out. Lets keep it to the facts (as others who have had complications with Ben have done in this thread).

I was just thinking, car audio is so much more fun when you're just a customer and not inside the industry, even if it's only a toe-in-the-door as I had. Dont have to worry about all this stuff thats been mentioned. Just buy the speakers you think are cool and you're done. I'm glad the guys at JL dont know me and I'm glad I dont know them either. Much better that way.

99ta....you said nothing wrong....i'm just speechless.
I understand the situation all of this puts you in. Real sorry things are the way they are.

jlaine, pretty much summed it all up in those few words. I need to take a crash course in "short and to the point" me thinks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Figured I'd throw my experiences in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

I purchased a compete package from ED right when the flat coned A series released and had no problems with my driver or Avionixx amps. You could easily say that I liked the company because of the prices and had no qualms about recommending them to anybody else. On a few forums people even purchased their woofers due to my strong recommendations.

It's been a over a year now and I've stayed in contact with ED. A few weekends ago I took a trip just to check out the place. I'm in IL so IA isn't too far away. I've been to a few different vendors places and always been impressed. It is strongly suggested.

During the time there we went and looked at many of the old products and each of the faults in the woofers were explained. It was SHOCKING to say the least. By then end it wasn't which woofer is bad, it was which woofer is good. I asked a simple question, "Which driver actually went according to plan?" Since all the other drivers seemed to have some sort of manufacturer defect or designing defect. The answer...a Kx... The lowest line was the only what I consider 'safe' driver there.

ED has had major problems getting their products to their intended design. While we were there a full palate of subs was pointed out. I quickly noticed that they were the K series, but NO they weren't!!! They had all the K series soft parts and VC, but an O motor??? It was mentioned where those were being sold as if NOTHING was wrong. I didn't say a thing, but was honestly shocked at how easily it was shurgged off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif The WRONG motor being sold like nothing happened...

Why do I say all this? Am I trying to betray someone? Heck no!!! I hope that the way business has been handled can be changed. Maybe something will come of this... but until then I don't know ... I'll be buying sound deadener from eD only... gonna see if it really is better than mcmaster...like eD claims...

Wow, so I'm a complete total newbie here, came over from the link from ppl trying to get a responce from ben, and I must say that I'm speachless. alot of things make sense now.

Personally I've got a 12a that's been handling my still un-blown tsunami1100 at full tilt quite nicely for 8months now. It's seriously impressed me and many who've experienced it.

Personal experience has been fairly good, but something's always seemd weird about the strange rules of the cult of ben. ppl getting flamed for asking when things are gonna ship, etc? (myself included eventhough I always mind my P's and Q's)

Thatsaid, I'm by NO MEANS defending or anything, just expressing my gratitude for those who spoke out and my general bewilderment of the situation. I've sent ALOT of business thatway and am left wondering if I've made the right choices. I think the thing that shocks me the most isthat ben seems not to care. and is trying to shrugh this all off as a statistic.

just affirmed everything right there eh?
Loyd L.
I still don't know why people are acting surprised.

I expected no less.

Think he'll be at Memphis? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.