RE or adire for recone??

lostsoul
10+ year member

Heretic
Houston
Hey guys I think I'm going to send my brahma in for a recone so I can get it dual 4 instead of dual 2. Now do you guys think I should send it to adire or RE? I think if I send it to adire I'll get the downgraded Brahma parts. What do you guys think?

the new brahma's have a 2.5" coil where yours has a 3"...from what i understand RE wont recone the brahma..

have adire send it out to ya, ill recone it for ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey inhuman thanks bro your badass! lol but if I order a recone kit wouldnt come with the smaller voice coils?

PS: You still have that crossfire amp?

Well didnt adire downgrade the brahmas this time around? So wouldnt they use the new parts?
If you email adire they say it is not downgraded just changed in design for more efficiency, In other words the 2.5 inch coil is supposed to work better with the rest of the parts.

Then again, would Adire admit to downgrading a sub?

I woudl call adire they seem to be answering often, I'm guesseing they would fix yours with the old parts, as there were probably other changes as well.

Hey inhuman thanks bro your badass! lol but if I order a recone kit wouldnt come with the smaller voice coils?
PS: You still have that crossfire amp?
I would assume they would still have some parts/recones for the old models, but idk....

yeah, still got em..

If you email adire they say it is not downgraded just changed in design for more efficiency, In other words the 2.5 inch coil is supposed to work better with the rest of the parts.
Then again, would Adire admit to downgrading a sub?

I woudl call adire they seem to be answering often, I'm guesseing they would fix yours with the old parts, as there were probably other changes as well.
The new parts won't even work in the old drivers so that is moot...

If by downgraded you mean pretty much identical linear excursion while not needing the larger coil... So be it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

David answered about RE reconing the driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.