RE *** and SXX....?

Participant count
  • Participant list

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have yet to find anything used so I am looking at new stuff again. I am wondering if people have experience with the S3X (apparently I can't put an E in there...) and/or SXX subs from RE...? I was thinking a pair of 10" *** subs or a single 12" SXX sub. I'd have about 1.5Kw-2Kw rms either way. Looking more for SPL than and SQ, as usual.

The pair of 10"s is going to be about the same price as the single 12"... $250 shipped. I just thought it might be nice having something with a warranty for a change...

Just said F* it and bought a pair of *** 10" D4's... come with a warranty so I will throw 1Kw~ each to them daily and see what happens. I will report back with the findings but I am sure it will be a while.

FYI: going in a 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI this time around.

Please do be sure to report back, I'm considering buying two SEX12D4s and feeding them 600 a piece, and I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about them.

I had 4 10" RE SE-Xs in a grand am off of 3k watts @ 2ohms...loved them. Didnt get hot or anything...yea its made in china now...but apparently the bashers on them havent tried the new stuff. Someone local was a basher on them...until he heard my set up. Apparently was shocked shitless with how well they sounded. Would love to put them in my new car...but weight is a problem due to new car being a little 4 cylinder and me wanting to preserve gas mileage lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

k_schutte

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
k_schutte
cedar rapids, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date