RE 12.1 amplifier issue.

Question for @jlaudio ; Did you cover return shipping of the item? Reason I'm asking is this is what happened to me a couple weeks ago

Guy is selling a set of Hertz HSK 165 XL's. So he puts up pics of the mids front and back and the tweets from the front. Doesn't include pics of the crossovers. States he has all the original boxes and all that. So I buy the set. As soon as I got the set in I realize that the tweets are HT25's and the crossovers are not the ones from the XL set. So I send him a message telling him and provide him proof of where I found the eBay posting that he won with the non XL equipment. Tell him I either want a partial refund to split the cost of a set of HT28's and me send him back the 25's. He gets mad and tells me to just accept the 25's and deal with them and that they are still great tweets.

At this point I tell him to refund my money and I'll send the package back once he sends me money for shipping them back. My thinking is that I bought a product and didn't receive what I paid for. Why the hell should I pay $50 to send it back to him and me be out that amount. He got all mad and told me to quit being a cheap ******* and started with the name calling and saying he shouldn't pay for shipping. I told him that he was going to pay for return shipping or I was gonna file a PayPal claim. He finally did but was a **** about it the whole time.

Just wondering if I was wrong for expecting him to cover return shipping for knowingly lying about what he was selling

Honestly, I normally would have no problem doing that in this case. Mr. Eikin offered to do it on his own Dime without me even asking or bringing it up so I did not get to.

The man in your case should definitly pay for return shipping and honestly from his attitude if I was you, i'd do it the cheapest way/least expensive way possible/slowest. i'd keep any items I had of his until I got all my funds back then IF he wanted his items back.. he pay for shipping as at that point.. you should be charging him for holding on to them as they are no longer your responsibility if you'd want to get technical with him.

I was sold this amp from snoopdan whom has now passed.. when I went to pick it up, snoop and I tested it in his ride(to see his wall work ) and then in mine on an older mach5spl as that is what it would be hooked to, I got home.. put the package on a shelf and never used it again. I sold/shipped it to OP with payment plans.. a while after he received it and said he got to trying it out.. it no longer worked. I am not sure where to go at this point. It worked when I owned it and he said shipping was good looking when he got it. I as a seller sold him a working amp though imo and he did not receive it. I am not sure at which point it stopped working or why.. but immature people would argue.. well it's on him as he had it a while and just not got to testing it? I didn't rightly have to refund him in all sorts as I had a witness it worked last I owned it.. however.. my witness is now dead ( snoopdan ) and if I sell it as working.. it should be working.. so on my end.. i'm out 240.00, time, an amp.. and now I have to pay to get it repaired and be out even more.

It ***** when something goes negative on a transaction.. but my 800+ feedback are important to me to remain positive. It may not be to everyone but that took a while to get since 06 and on every forum known to audio lol. I would have liked to have done a claim with shipping company if packaging would have looked damaged at all as that was only issue I could figure out to cause it to do that.. but he said packaging was ok.. and he didn't have it anymore ( odd but.. I can't really say anything to that? ) would have helped at least get funds back for both of us where I am now out and have nothing to show for it.

In short, you are in the right in your case over your item.. he pays for shipping and he sounds like a moron. lol..

Sent a pic via messaging once I got it shipped of the receipt. Here's the number 9441901189866739277264
alright man so.. i've tried the tracking number on usps.com / ups.com / and fedex.com to get an update.. none work..

if you could update me that'd be great. Again, I tried the number.. just then but on those three sites.. nothing comes up:

usps.com:

Tracking Number: 9441901189866739277264

Tracking information is not available at this time. Please check back later or double-check the tracking number entered and try again.

fedex.com:

Not found

No record of this tracking number can be found. For more information, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339

ups.com:

Not Available

Shipping Information

Tracking results provided by UPS: 03/25/2014 9:17 P.M. Eastern Time

alright man so.. i've tried the tracking number on usps.com / ups.com / and fedex.com to get an update.. none work..
if you could update me that'd be great. Again, I tried the number.. just then but on those three sites.. nothing comes up:

usps.com:

Tracking Number: 9441901189866739277264

Tracking information is not available at this time. Please check back later or double-check the tracking number entered and try again.

fedex.com:

Not found

No record of this tracking number can be found. For more information, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339

ups.com:

Not Available

Shipping Information

Tracking results provided by UPS: 03/25/2014 9:17 P.M. Eastern Time
Should be USPS, maybe I typed it wrong. I'll upload a picture of the receipt via photo bucket in a few. Sorry about that man.

Here you are. Sorry about the scare. The amp wound up being packed by UPS and shipped via USPS after UPS said they couldn't deliver to your shipping address. Good for me I suppose cause it's probably better packed than I'd have managed. As to why I didn't have what you shipped it in. I was excited about having it so I cut it open and tore my way in. Plus the packing nuts were making a mess. I don't have a ton of experience with this sort of stuff and I was pretty confident it would work. Will not toss it again though.

So.. I have the amp back, immediately picking up the box.. you can hear things shaking.. I open the first box.. the amp box is inside.. it again is taped all over ( I still don't know why god damn idiots do this.. ) it took me several hours to get the tape off the first time it was covered.. I lightly shake this box.. you can still hear things rattling inside.. at this point im slightly aggravated.. I open it and look at the amp, mounting feet are all bent pretty nicely.. I'm not sure when/why this happened if you only used it slightly to get it installed and find it not working.. also the terminal screws for the power and ground are missing... not loose in the box.. but not fucking anywhere in the entire packing, I have went through every piece of packing and my floor is a mess inspecting it.. Also one of the fuses it now jammed in much further than the other two.. I again dunno how this has happened.. At this point I find the shaking pieces.. several loose screws that don't look to have been used at all.. how they got in my box or why they were loose to roll and ding on the amp the entire trip.. for shame broski.. for shame.

so in short, at this point of my being pissed off for the time being.. I sent you an item that didn't work as you say after having it a while.. but in much better condition than this.. I refund you.. I receive an item that is worse than how I sent it.. . wtf? That's really all I know to say right now.. what the fuck.

I'm really honestly pissed on the handling of the box.. to begin with.. you have no idea how long it took me to get the original tape that covered 99% of the box off the first time I done it, it wasn't even closed properly.. it was taped together with multi strips of tape, I just.. ..do you have any idea how hard it was to keep in this condition for as old as it was and rare? shit the fuck... we;flmasde;fs;dlpikachu

If I done something like this.. after being refunded on something I had for a short while then said it didn't work.. i'd fucking shoot myself... repeatedly. I should have at this point honestly told you to go fuck yourself and you probably fucked it up... and if snoopdan was alive to vouch that it worked when I got it and we both tested.. I probably would have. I know I would have at this point.

my two cents as I will not return to this thread. You don't take care of anything imo and can eat some good corny doodie. Love ya and your nose can scratch my nuts ( all three of them ).

But honestly though, I am not happy with how it was returned compared to how it was sent. -1 cool points for you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

I really hope it was insured or something because my God.. this is some fucked up situation now that needs taken care of. You can PM me regarding it and IF I feel the need to post whatever you pm me in this thread .. it'll be here.

I will be home tomorrow and have to give a few people tracking updates on items they also bought from me as i've been out in meetings on big ol airplane trips.. weeeee woooo.. and stuff like that. Sigh, this is not something I enjoy coming home to ... dingle dangle not the same **** I sent... ****.

If snoop and JL said it worked when shipped then it worked end of story... Kid went out an screwed the amp up then called foul so he can try it again with another amp and hope he not blow this one... Douche move bro...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

supereikenator

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
supereikenator
Strafford, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies