RDS??? Do today's head units have it?

Beefhouse

Remember when RDS was a nice feature to have? Many OEM stereos in cars today have it. Which head unit brands (if any) have it? I don't think Alpine does.

This is a huge deal for me because I want my next head unit purchase to have station/song info displaying (where available) when listening to FM radio. Thanks.

heres a pic of the deck....

feb2690d.jpg

Remember when RDS was a nice feature to have? Many OEM stereos in cars today have it. Which head unit brands (if any) have it? I don't think Alpine does.
This is a huge deal for me because I want my next head unit purchase to have station/song info displaying (where available) when listening to FM radio. Thanks.
For some reason Alpine only seems to offer RDS on the European models (ones ending in "R").

For some reason Alpine only seems to offer RDS on the European models (ones ending in "R").
Pioneer is the same way. They do use RDS a lot more in Europe for traffic updates, weather updates, and other things like that. We don't really utilize too much of that. It's not a necessary feature here like it is in Europe. It's more of a "bell" or maybe a "whistle".

Pioneer is the same way. They do use RDS a lot more in Europe for traffic updates, weather updates, and other things like that. We don't really utilize too much of that. It's not a necessary feature here like it is in Europe. It's more of a "bell" or maybe a "whistle".
Yeah, I like it because I like seeing artist/song info when I listen to the radio. I live in a big city so many of stations around here do broadcast that info. Thanks for the info guys. I'm gonna check out the Kenwood eXcelon units and see if they have it.

I feel like I have to go back to my stock unit to get RDS as the head units that I want do not have that feature. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I feel like I have to go back to my stock unit to get RDS as the head units that I want do not have that feature. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Life's a b*tch, then you die. That is pretty much a summation of life.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.