rd1750 vs aq2200

You got a better pic (similar to the SAZ-1500D pic) of the RD amp?

Looks like it now uses the same board at the 06 HiFonics Brutus amps did, same drive board, and has gone to TO-220 mosfets on the power supply. Probably uses all IRF640N outputs too. Need a better pic.

Well, if that is in fact the new RD1750 board it will not be at all like the old 1750. Not saying it will do less power or more power, but that's a different design entirely. I repaired a whole bunch of 1606's and some 2006's for Maxxsonics and I remember that board, and the output drive board. The single output inductor give's it away also, if it uses all N-Channel outputs (self oscillating design) then it would only need 1 output inductor to combine the banks.

You got a better pic (similar to the SAZ-1500D pic) of the RD amp?
Looks like it now uses the same board at the 06 HiFonics Brutus amps did, same drive board, and has gone to TO-220 mosfets on the power supply. Probably uses all IRF640N outputs too. Need a better pic.
Is that a change for the good?

Well, if that is in fact the new RD1750 board it will not be at all like the old 1750. Not saying it will do less power or more power, but that's a different design entirely. I repaired a whole bunch of 1606's and some 2006's for Maxxsonics and I remember that board, and the output drive board. The single output inductor give's it away also, if it uses all N-Channel outputs (self oscillating design) then it would only need 1 output inductor to combine the banks.
It is the photo Steve from RD posted on his forum on CACO so I assume it is in fact the board they are using //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Is that a change for the good?
I am neutral on that one. Neither good nor bad really. Just different. The 2006 HiFonics amps had greatly improved over the previous amps in my opinion, and if the new RD amp is of that same design then I don't see a problem. Though I don't see a problem with the design that was in the old RD1750 either. Both are great and work fantastic. I would need a better pic to judge the output on that amp compared to the old one. I have worked on some RD1750's of the old design, and I have worked on plenty of the 2006 model Brutus amps. I am guessing this is similar to the Brutus 2006 model, not the 1606, but I could be wrong, need a better pic. If it's similar to the 2006 then you can still count on 1500 watts - 1700 watts from it. But I don't know about 2000+.... would need more output devices and more power supply mosfets to do that power.

Many of the "facts" you have listed are wrong.learn alittle more before posting false ****.The AQ2200d WILL take both the rd1750 and sundown 1500 for dinner.search around
FACT IS most people cannot test TRUE RMS POWER...

we had a aq 220 hifi 2008(?) and one of my rd 1750s.. output was very very similar.. we used 4 alpha 15 and beat on a AQ HDA3.... TRUST me went i say the rd is cleaner than both.. by ALOT not really, but it IS notable.. im an industrial electrican, im fimilar with electrical... ive seen some WACK numbers posted all over the net.. a friend has a 1200.. there nice AMPs but the RDs are bullet proof..

FACT IS most people cannot test TRUE RMS POWER...we had a aq 220 hifi 2008(?) and one of my rd 1750s.. output was very very similar.. we used 4 alpha 15 and beat on a AQ HDA3.... TRUST me went i say the rd is cleaner than both.. by ALOT not really, but it IS notable.. im an industrial electrican, im fimilar with electrical... ive seen some WACK numbers posted all over the net.. a friend has a 1200.. there nice AMPs but the RDs are bullet proof..
If you looked inside you would realise the AQ2200D and the RD 1750 are the same, except for the AQ2200D has 4 more power supply mosfets and 4 more output mosfets. Everything else is the same.

If it sounded worse than the RD, the problem is the input circuit in the AQ2200D, can't be anything else, it's the same. Could have also been not enough electrical to back it up. The AQ2200D should need about 30-50% more electical current to maintain the same voltage as the RD which definately would affect sound quality of the output. Keep the voltage up and it will sound better. HiFonics 2008 is not > or = to either the RD 1750 or the AQ2200D so it's output does not even matter, it's a different amp, that doesn't do as much power. Would have to be the 2600 series to come close to the output of either the RD or the AQ.

If you looked inside you would realise the AQ2200D and the RD 1750 are the same, except for the AQ2200D has 4 more power supply mosfets and 4 more output mosfets. Everything else is the same.
If it sounded worse than the RD, the problem is the input circuit in the AQ2200D, can't be anything else, it's the same. Could have also been not enough electrical to back it up. The AQ2200D should need about 30-50% more electical current to maintain the same voltage as the RD which definately would affect sound quality of the output. Keep the voltage up and it will sound better. HiFonics 2008 is not > or = to either the RD 1750 or the AQ2200D so it's output does not even matter, it's a different amp, that doesn't do as much power. Would have to be the 2600 series to come close to the output of either the RD or the AQ.
2 hc2400 750ca stock batt, stock alt. 4/0 between the batteries and grounds, 1/0 to the amps with2 1750 strapped @ 1ohm the voltage would drop to 12.5... i think the 2200 had enough power input...don't get me wrong i like the AQ but there hyped..BTE the rd and aq ARENT the same boards.. the new ones are very similar though... RD is going down hill...

Actually sounds like RD is on the up. Only time will tell though if it all comes true. I wish the best for them really. No matter what it may seem like when I post here...

The old RD 1750.1 is the exact same design and parts as in the AQ2200D, the AQ just has more parts for more output.... You need to know what you are looking at. Trust me I do....

Actually sounds like RD is on the up. Only time will tell though if it all comes true. I wish the best for them really. No matter what it may seem like when I post here...
The old RD 1750.1 is the exact same design and parts as in the AQ2200D, the AQ just has more parts for more output.... You need to know what you are looking at. Trust me I do....
But he's an EE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Doesn't matter. A friend of mine has an IQ of 180, has a masters in Electrical Engineering, a Law degree, has passed the Nevada BAR exam, and works for the largest PATENT law firm in the world and he sends his amps to me to repair because he cannot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

msand951

10+ year member
msand951
san jacinto
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from