AQ hdc315 $618.00 USD for the 2 with shipping

Continuous Power 1000rms (conservative)

Coil Length 2.135"

Coil Diameter 3"

Magnet Weight 340oz

Magnet Diameter 8.7"

456032.jpg

456031.jpg

i can't say output wise, i would guess the hdc would take the edge there. power handling, i'd guess the same.

hard to compare output because the only audioques i've heard have been my 18s in an obviously loud install, compared to a buddys car i heard a couple years ago with an old alpha 12 on something like 800 watts. sounded great but not quite as loud as a pair of 18s...

based on what i heard, and general opinion seems to be the alphas are very accurate subs.

i can't say output wise, i would guess the hdc would take the edge there. power handling, i'd guess the same.
hard to compare output because the only audioques i've heard have been my 18s in an obviously loud install, compared to a buddys car i heard a couple years ago with an old alpha 12 on something like 800 watts. sounded great but not quite as loud as a pair of 18s...

based on what i heard, and general opinion seems to be the alphas are very accurate subs.
Lol Good shyt

Seems like every1 likes the AQ's, good choice

Some1 will be different 1 day

HDC's will take a beating. I demo'd for almost 20 minutes straight with my HDC's and each one off a 3500D and they didn't even get stinky.

Not convinced that the RD's will hold up for daily pounding over the long haul...

Ive had both. I had a 12" with flatwind coils. Took my 20.1 daily easily and would have taken more. Also sound really good. Aq's didnt sound quite as good but got very loud as well off less power. Its really your choice. Either is a win IMO

HDC's will take a beating. I demo'd for almost 20 minutes straight with my HDC's and each one off a 3500D and they didn't even get stinky. 

Not convinced that the RD's will hold up for daily pounding over the long haul...
proof?

Lol. In your dreams. Rd's will take the power better IMO. They did for me at least.

both would be a win. id do rd because not many ppl have heard of them plus they are cheaper. and rd's do get loud. plus for a daily beater id tune at like 33 and the rd's I think will do better there than the AQ's (i beleive) but my aq did get loud.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lol. In your dreams. Rd's will take the power better IMO. They did for me at least.
My experience has been just the opposite, although I've never run RD subs in my car. But a guy on my team has run paperweights and now alphas and they don't hold up, but they do get loud...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

spl_robb

10+ year member
spl_robb
SD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from