rca's bad?

Participant count
  • Participant list

garretttt4
10+ year member

big pimpin
Watertown sd
Alright I got new power wire and already had new rca's I was gunna put in. So I took all the old wire out and put in everything new and regrounded to the frame. But when I ran the wires I accidentally ran the rcas on the same side as the power. When I did that I switched my head unit too though. Now when I try to play music and it is just as quiet on volume 20/35 as it is on 2/25. Could that be the rca's being beside the power wire?

Like what?
You haven't given enough info. What is your equipment, how is it connected, and what did you change?

Could be anything from plugging the RCAs into the wrong jacks or some stting on the HU you need to change.

You haven't given enough info. What is your equipment, how is it connected, and what did you change?Could be anything from plugging the RCAs into the wrong jacks or some stting on the HU you need to change.
It's the same amp (sundown sae 1200d) same subs (ab xfl 12s) diyma oversized 0 gauge, stinger RCA's, not sure what brand but 16 gauge rem cable, 300 amp inline kicker fuse and kicker fuse block, alpine cde 9852 head unit and everything is set to 0 on the head unit and everything is set the same on the amp as it was before when it was working. gain set about 1/3 of way up, subsonic at about 26, Lpf at about 80 I think. Xover is at about 100hz, phase is at 0, bass eq is at 0. See anything wrong with the settings?

measure the output voltage on the headunit. if you are getting no volume adjustment there could be many issues going on inside the headunit. Did you purchase the headunit used or new?

measure the output voltage on the headunit. if you are getting no volume adjustment there could be many issues going on inside the headunit. Did you purchase the headunit used or new?
It's just a old one I had laying around....

Try inputting a signal from a different source, like an MP3 player or iPod to the amp. That'll tell you if the problem is the HU or RCAs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.