Rca splitter

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ya one more RCA post

I have 3 mono amps (L and R channels) 30' away from the head unit. Long truck. Lol

Should I use y adapters near head unit, with 3 sets of rca's to amp area, have a weaker signal sent over 30' of low resistance

or

From head unit 1 set rca's to amp mounting area then split 3 ways into mono amps, strong signal, higher resistance, less shielding

Is it better to split at beginning of signal or near end of signal

I'm I over thinking things

split it at the amp -- not for any improvement in signal -- just to save the hassle of running 3 long cables.

There's very little signal loss using y-cables -- a few percent maybe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

If you use the crossover in the head unit, then you aren't sending that part of the signal to the amp. (Whether or not that allows a more narrow...
This option is better because you need 3 pairs of RCA cables. Tweeters, midrange, and bass. You then use a Y at the amps on the Bass run, then use...
No make or model number on it? Do you have an exact picture of the rear and all its glory?
Use two sets of RCAs. One set for the Front channels and the other for Sub Output and into Rear Input on the amp. Turn off the Rear Filter on the...
Thanks a ton for your suggestion to my rather long query, I ll follow it and see how it works out. Thanks again

About this thread

Jduane

Jduane
Weymouth, ma
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
The Camry