RCA Out and Head Unit Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fixer64

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all at Caraudio. So... bit embarrassed about this question but here go's.
I have a Pioneer Head Unit and I have the RCA outs going to a 4 ch amp.
Can I use the head units (built in amp) speaker outputs to connect to extra speakers directly as well as using the RCA / Amp to drive existing speakers???
eg.
Head Unit RCA out to Amp + 4 Speakers
+
Head Unit Speaker out (Rear) to 2 Speakers. Or Front and Rear out to 4 Speakers.

Will it cause any issues. I have not found anywhere that says not to do it but still want to check.

Cheers, Mike

Simply put: not a problem.

The power amp and the low-level feed do no interact in a way that can cause problems if you use both, unless you try to run the SAME speakers off of internal and external amp.
Then you release the magic smoke.

Simply put: not a problem.

The power amp and the low-level feed do no interact in a way that can cause problems if you use both, unless you try to run the SAME speakers off of internal and external amp.
Then you release the magic smoke.

Great, thanks very much. I hate the smell of that magic smoke - Smells like money burning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...