rca cables gone bad ?

Participant count
  • Participants list

slain93gsr
10+ year member

Prying Open My Third Eye
Wisconsin
how do i know if my rca cables have gone bad . dont have a chance to get to a multimeter till the weekend.

having a intermintant noise from my components with the car on and off... dont have extra cables to exchange and test.

thanks

Howie

how do i know if my rca cables have gone bad . dont have a chance to get to a multimeter till the weekend.
having a intermintant noise from my components with the car on and off... dont have extra cables to exchange and test.

thanks

Howie
Try hooking up a cd walkman or something up to the rca's first to see if you still get the sound, if you do, you've eliminated the HU. Then, check all your grounds to make sure they are good, if that doesnt fix it...well, you're going to have to try another set of rca's and see if that fixes it, lol.

i'm thinking it might be the 9835 itself.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif gonna have to send it out .

basically jinx myself from the 9835vs 860 debate lol

i'm thinking it might be the 9835 itself.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif gonna have to send it out .
basically jinx myself from the 9835vs 860 debate lol
Try the cd walkman thing though, It would be a ***** to send it out if all it is is your rca's...

See if using a different pair of rcas such as the rear or fronts still has the noise. Its worth a shot.
Yes, you could do that, but doing the cd walkman thing can eliminate the HU definitely. Changing RCA's you could still have the problem and it still be something else...

well i threw in my friends pioneer model to test and it worked like a champ..realized how much difference in sq there was between a good deck and a mediocre deck..

how do you hook up a walk man to the rca's please forgive me as i'm a bit intoxicated from my night of drinking.

i **** at life ..lots of bad things happening in my life at the moment..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

well i threw in my friends pioneer model to test and it worked like a champ..realized how much difference in sq there was between a good deck and a mediocre deck..

how do you hook up a walk man to the rca's please forgive me as i'm a bit intoxicated from my night of drinking.

i **** at life ..lots of bad things happening in my life at the moment..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Well if your friends pioneer worked then it is ur HU.

well lets see how long it takes alpine to get it back to me.. i'm trying to find time to take it to a dealer to get it sent out.

Howie

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.