Participant count
  • Participant list

Ianimal
10+ year member

MA
300/4 JL amp (75x4)

60 watt rms JL component system (front)

75watt rms infinty kappa 3 way (rear)

so what i did when i installed because i didnt have 2 rca cables is i cut my one rca cable in half plugged the two sets of rca into the back of the amp (front and rear) and then hard wired it to the old speaker wire from the stock speakers.

i ordered two RCA cables and as soon as i get them will replace this slop job by connecting directly to back of stereo but i was curious as to whether it even mattered

also when my JL component speakers get louder the bass starts to distort. could this be from loose mounting or should i just turn up freqs on amp or maybe even the shitty rca connection??? im new to this stuff

The way you have your system hooked up is all wrong. Don't even bother with hooking up your system unless you have those RCA's. Not worth the hassle unless you have the right/decent equipment. A simple pinch, or even the wrong placement of an RCA cable can cause a lot of problems.

The way you have your system hooked up is all wrong. Don't even bother with hooking up your system unless you have those RCA's. Not worth the hassle unless you have the right/decent equipment. A simple pinch, or even the wrong placement of an RCA cable can cause a lot of problems.
well i know it isnt right, but what if my headset didnt have rear and front rca outs. i mean it sounds great right now, the only thing is heavy bass songs at loud volumes distorts the bass on JLs...im replacing the RCAS tomorrow

Headset or head unit? If it didn't have RCA outs, then you could go with a line out converter... but if it sounds good to you, then by all means, leave it in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Headset or head unit? If it didn't have RCA outs, then you could go with a line out converter... but if it sounds good to you, then by all means, leave it in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
im replacing it tomorrow..for the third time because i like to do things right. i just wanted to know if there would be a noticeable difference...

im replacing it tomorrow..for the third time because i like to do things right. i just wanted to know if there would be a noticeable difference...
Indeed, very much so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok so i replaced the spliced rca to speaker wires with rcas and heres what happened.

my amp is running with filter off at High input sensor for both rear and front speakers (havent adjusted these settings yet...still learning) when i replaced the rcas, the volume got halved (the volume got really loud at 30/50 before which didnt seem right).

any advice for amp adjustments...my first ever audio experience so im a bit lost. should input switch be on high/low (aftermarket headset - amp is powering 4 speakers) ill figure out the input sensor on my own with one of the tutorials....should i leave filter off or turn it on and mess around with the settings????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.