Rare Nakamichi TD 700 tape deck for sale!

jrbantq

Dec 10, 2002
Pennsylvania
Long-time Nakamichi enthusiasts will recall the "700" designation traditionally being reserved only for products of exceptional merit and performance – for example, the TD-700, was the ultimate mobile cassette component.

Crisp undistorted sound.

Azimuth control for tape alignment.

You can listen to the radio while in FF or RR.

Music search.

Dolby B&C

Skip Next, Next 2

120/70 EQ

Tuner of legendary Nakamichi quality

As far as tape decks go. This is the standard by which others have been measured and failed to come close. Nothing today feature wise comes close to Manual Azimuth. It’s the equal of being able to manipulate the data stream to the point of adding an subtracting bits at will. Never has jamed or ate a tape. Just a simple blessing.

Nothing I have ever used in tape format will match the TD-700 and a pair of ADS 320i's and some ADS plates. Unmatched sound quality. Nak made the TD-1200, but it had major mechanical gizmo problems.

Today I am so busy, I lease my 2 trucks for short periods of time, and I work 24-7. I have 2 of these now rare decks that I am making available for sale. $500 each. One of them was only used for six months, both are excellent. I have never seen one available on eBay, although I have looked many times.

There is nothing similar except the Dragon home deck. I loved my first Alpine, back in 1984, I'll admit, but every kid loves his first car. Later in life, if he's very lucky, he buys a new black Bentley sedan and listens to Steely Dan on his TD-700, riding in the back seat while someone else drives.

v8s10

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jun 18, 2002
far away
dude.. you sound like an asshole.

never.. not ever will a cassette deck sound like a cd player. not ever. not possible. oh and for the bentley... dont need it, 2 naked girls were in the bed of my truck about a week ago. 19 and 20.

ElementalG20

10+ year member
Sep 2, 2002
Iowa
Actually, you sound more like an 'asshole' as you so pleasantly put it. The guy never claimed it was cd quality, however this old tape deck is pretty much the pentical of tape decks. Its certainly not for everybody, but there is a niche market for an item such as this.

CHRISTIAN H

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 2, 2021
Mauritius Indian Ocean
I can assure you that you will not say if tis a cd or a cassette playing believe it or not I own 1 youu don't know anything about Nakmichi go and read some stuff and may be you will want to hear one.
Christian H

• Dislike
Reactions: Popwarhomie

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Automatic ban....

• Love
Reactions: Bobbytwonames

marc2112

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 12, 2012
Montreal, Qc
dude.. you sound like an asshole.

never.. not ever will a cassette deck sound like a cd player. not ever. not possible. oh and for the bentley... dont need it, 2 naked girls were in the bed of my truck about a week ago. 19 and 20.
Those girls must look like Dee Snider now.

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds