Random airbag light help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
my airbag light came on on my 09 honda civic lx. and i can't figure out why.... the only things that i did before it turned on was tuning my apsm 1300 with a dmm to 1 ohm from 4 ohms. and i pulled out my bass knob from down by the internal fuse box. so I'm thinking i might have bumped a fuse down there or maybe blown one some how??? I've been looking for some time on which fuse is for the air bags and all i can find is how to reset the srs. this does me no good cuz an airbag did not deploy and there was no impact.. so if anybody could link a fuse diagram that would be great. I've looked on 8th gen civics but couldn't find anything on there either. or if something else might have caused this. i didn't let my voltage drop to below 12. i looked at the fuses briefly to see if i knocked anything loose or anything but couldn't tell. thanks for any help. i have 53000 miles on the car so its still under warranty, but it would be nice if i could just replace a fuse rather than having to bring it in...

no idea mayne your power wire mite be interfering with the wires going to the air bag did u run your power wire close to them or dont u kno
power wire is on the opposite side of the car. i have rca's and power wire running underneath the rear airbags on the sides by a foot or 2. didn't mess with that when the light came on. ( don't worry rca's and power wire are on opposite sides of the car)

try unhooking your battery...wait about 5 minutes...and hook it back up...hopefully that will reset your ecm and solve problem
ill try it

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Maybe the problems are totally unrelated.
possibly but at this point I'm thinking they r related

Hmmm sounds like my hhr ever since upgrading my factory stereo my check engine lights on 99% of the time

My airbag lights randomly comes on and say service airbag aaarrrgghhh feel ur pain bro

Hmmm sounds like my hhr ever since upgrading my factory stereo my check engine lights on 99% of the timeMy airbag lights randomly comes on and say service airbag aaarrrgghhh feel ur pain bro
If the new setup works like it should your airbag light may come on more. Side affect in some vehicles and the hhr is one of them that have that issue.

If the new setup works like it should your airbag light may come on more. Side affect in some vehicles and the hhr is one of them that have that issue.

Go figure ..and many other issues non electrical related to all never buy a hhr..hhr=pos

My 95' 240SX airbag light is on as well. Its been on for years.. way before I owned it, or touched anything on the car. Not even the battery.. and its never been in a wreck/collision, and it had 10k miles when the problem showed up. Still only has 22k.

I got sick of it one day, took apart the instrument panel, and disconnected the bulb. Problem solved. /winning (till I get in a wreck)

well i hope someone can help here as i stated same problem airbag light and check engine light had battery unhooked for 3 hrs this weekend while hooking up my 275 amp alt and lights stayed off for about a day then boom back on , so is this again something that happens on certain vehicles ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.