Rainbows and IB

Are rainbow speakers good for IB?
I have my Sound Line 5 1/8" SLXs in kickpanels in IB, but there's literally NO midbass.

Could it be my wiring or something?
my SLC's sounded awesome IB, and sound good in pods. Are you running yours IB or in kicks panels?

I put a 1/4" mdf baffle on the back, dampened lightly, and I didn't put poly in.

The baffle really should be okay, shouldn't it? I'll go through and dampen it twice more and then I'm going to stuff it with all kinds of poly.

How much do you think that'll help?

only 1 way to find out..
x1

And the fact that its a 5" I personally would no run that small a speaker and expect good midbass...those qlogics would be fine if you xover over a lil higher and run them as dedicated midrange drivers...throw a larger dedicated midbass in the door and that should be a nice 3way setup..

will a 7 or 8" midbass driver in the door cancel out my imaging?
nope...if you expecience midbass cancellation , simply flip one of the drivers out of phase (reverse polarity)..easy as that

But the midrange/trebble is the most culpable for imaging... so it shouldn't be an issue

Could I put them in the rear spots?(1999 Mitsu Eclipse) Speakers are right next to the seatbelts.
The midbass?

No.

Well....it really doesn't matter what speakers we are talking about....that's a bad location for any of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

drzenitram

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
drzenitram
Wichita
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date