Rainbow Profi 10" Installed!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lucid15
10+ year member

Always open to trades!
Finally got around to installing my Rainbow Profi 10". Ive heard only one song so far but wow does it sound amazing. I have the gains completely down on the PDX-5 which is rated at 360rms x2ohm for the subwoofer channel. I havent even begun tuning yet, its really crisp and clear. If i have my Mids crossing over at 80hz how does a 120hz crossover point for the Sub sound to everyone? Does that seem about right?

Set it to 80 Hz for the low pass filter, or however you change it set the mid and sub filters to the same frequency.

Is there an unseen port to that box? It looks huge for a single 10".

Thought i would give a quick update. Still impressing more and more eac h time i listen. Its deep bass is incredibly loud comparable or more than my (2) Soundstream T4 12" in a ported box i had a few years ago running 2000 rms!! Its punchy as hell when appropriate with amazing sounds quality. I cant say enough about this sub and Rainbow in general, i know they are in the higher price category but they are definitely worth every penny. Every component in my system exceeded my expectations and they were as high as imaginable!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.