rainbow components

Johnston_2007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am looking for a new set of components and i just found a company named rainbow. has anyone ever heard of this company and if u have are they good. and i found a website where u can buy an aweosme set of componets for like £129.99 but i want to buy them in america. lol. but i cant find a compony that sells them on the net that has american prices. thanxs alot. also i might just get a set of kickers 6.5's

well, i might as well just post here. i installed the rainbow slc265s today... and though they are better than stock, they aren't that nice actually. makes me wonder if i should've gambled on the auras. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nice speakers, but i realized that since i do pro audio and am a musician, few things would really satisfy me in terms of SQ. this is good with some EQ work, but its not wonderfully perfect. (of course, i cant really afford wonderfully perfect either)

i ran a set of rainbow comps in someones car with the arc audio xxk4150 on them and a arc audio peq. they sounded **** good. i havent worked with the components too much but rainbow is a solid brand. you can expect good quality all the way around. those coaxials are maybe 3 or 4 years old now and they are still alive and kickin.

well, i might as well just post here. i installed the rainbow slc265s today... and though they are better than stock, they aren't that nice actually. makes me wonder if i should've gambled on the auras. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
nice speakers, but i realized that since i do pro audio and am a musician, few things would really satisfy me in terms of SQ. this is good with some EQ work, but its not wonderfully perfect. (of course, i cant really afford wonderfully perfect either)
ability to be wonderfully perfect, changes from car to car, application to application- it takes some work....

yeah, i need to sit down and use the PEQ to tailor everything. but with defeat on, i wasn't terribly impressed. its mostly the tweeters, the highs arent as rich as i expected. shouldve stuck w/ the auras. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah, i need to sit down and use the PEQ to tailor everything. but with defeat on, i wasn't terribly impressed. its mostly the tweeters, the highs arent as rich as i expected. shouldve stuck w/ the auras. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Are they in the doors or kicks?

Is your door deadened?

What is behind the speakers?

Are they mounted to a baffle?

Where are the tweets pointed/mounted and did you try reversing polarity?

in the doors, deadened with SS damp. nothing behind speakers to my recollection, mounted to a custom made plate that the installer did. tweeters in the dash pointed toward driver. The mids are ok. Perhaps a little weak, but its also b/c i dont have my subs installed to fill in a lot of the space, so I will hold off on full review til next week. and yes, i still need to sit down w/ the time alignment...

but overall, there is something lacking in the highs of the tweeters when EQ is flat. warm and clear a bit above the vocal range, but instruments (high strings for guitar), high hats and cymbals, just dont sound quite right. (of course, i am used to hearing music as an instrumentalist) doesn't "shimmer" if you catch my drift.

Am i feeding these things enuf power? theyre getting 50 w rms from an alpine v12 amp. Or maybe of course i am comparing these to the top of the line stuff i've heard and it wont be right until i shell out !#$#@$ worth of cash for stuff, which i dont plan to do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have found this comp. set in the uk. Rainbow SLX265 Deluxe. this is comp set i want its 129.99 pounds there and that is 160 bucks here or so. but i dont know how to buy them. or i have seen a guy on here that sells rainbow stuff but i forgot who it was or something or other. but if anyone could give me a sight where i can buy this stuff in american that would be great

but overall, there is something lacking in the highs of the tweeters when EQ is flat. warm and clear a bit above the vocal range, but instruments (high strings for guitar), high hats and cymbals, just dont sound quite right. (of course, i am used to hearing music as an instrumentalist) doesn't "shimmer" if you catch my drift.

I have found that hard dome tweeters help in this region in a car. If I were to go with a silk I'd personally search for something that plays strong in the 20k+ range. Maybe it's just my car or my ears, but I had a hard time finding a comp. set that played clear up high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.