Radio works, Amp works, no sound from sub

Roxkstar

Earlier today I was driving on the road and bumping my music then the sub stopped working. The volume wasn't rally on high. The radio is working properly (Kenwood KDC-BT652U). The amp lights up red when the radio is on and will go off when the radio is off (Kenwood KAC-5001PS). But, no sound coming out of sub. It wouldnt matter what sub is it because I have few different ones and I used them all to see if they would work. No, they are not blown.

Here's what I checked:

-In-line fuse - still good

-Battery termial is clean and the power cord is secured to it

-Power cord, RCA & Remote cord - no kinks and still good - connected to the amp

-2 fuses on the amp - still good, plong is clean, and not popped

-Ground cord is secured to nice clean metal frame of cab

-Speaker wires is connected from amp to the sub

-I checked on the back of radio and I don't see any loose wires or connections

Is there any thing else that I forgot to check?

Do I need to change out something? Like change the fuses?

Do I need to buy new amp?

I just need it to get it working again, I am that type of guy can't drive a vehicle without a sub working... Lol.

Hopefully you guys could help me out, thanks

i had a similar problem ' i would drive and everything would work nice ' but sometimes i wouldn't get no aound speakers or subs ' took it to a shop ' and they checked every single amp sub amp and speaker amp ' with a rca aux cable ' red and white ' connect it directly to amps and i got signal' they told me my headunit was ****** ' i have a soundstream ' i live in a hot environment so my headunit touchscreen would get hot and stop sending signal to amps ' plus also make aure your rcas are connected all the way in ...

I finally figured it out. It was the in line fuse. I took my volt meter and tested on the in line fuse and it wasn't getting enough juice from the battery to the amp. It was just weird cause the fuse looks perfectly new and clean to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Roxkstar

Roxkstar
Winfield, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Boomin_tahoe