Radio Wiring Issue?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TimJay84

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kent
Hello,

I have a 2013 Passat CC (B7) and I didn't like the RCD315 OEM stereo.

I purchased an android unit (Erisin) which plugged straight into the Quadlock connector without any additional wiring required, but unfortunately I realised I wanted the simplicity of Carplay while driving around, and I thought it was an over complicated system and researched to get another.

I then purchased a Pioneer SPH-DA130 unit which I liked the look of.

I ordered a Connects2 ISO harness specific to my VW, and plugged in. Nothing. Completely dead. I worried that I had been sold a dud unit (purchased second hand).

Then after some research, I discovered that because of the fact the VW has CANBUS, there is no switched 12v, and on top of that, I cannot use the steering wheel controls. Further research showed that I would be better off purchasing a ISO harness with CANBUS controls, which not only provides steering wheel control function to the aftermarket headunit, but spoofs a 12v switched live.

Plugged everything in, and initially nothing happened. After rechecking the wires, I got the Pioneer symbol and loading appear on the screen, and thought I was in business.

Then, the unit powered down and then up again, and keeps cycling on and off through the loading screen. It HAS got as far as the main menu, but when I go to adjust anything, it switches off, the same way you would expect the wiring to be loose or for there to be a loose connection, but I don't believe there is and I have checked all the connections.

I don't have a multimeter (will purchase one) but has anyone experienced any issues where CANBUS harness causes the fault, or could it be the stereo unit has a fault?

I know anything is possible, but just wondered if anyone cab point me in the right direction?

Thanks

TJ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...