Radio deck has power, but does not turn on!

Participant count
  • Participant list

tuhmez

So this problem has happened to me twice now:

My radio deck suddenly cuts out. I checked all fuses including the one on the radio deck, all ok. Then I unplug the power from the radio completely and let it sit for about an hour or so... Still does not work. The radio power button glows red but every time I try to start it, it does not go.

I just need some suggestions as to what I could do to get my radio back in the game.

MORE INFO: radio deck is a Dual XHD7714, its been in my car for about 3 years now so wiring placement should not be the issue. It does not take a CD.

Check ground and all connections just to be sure they are good.

If it has worked normally until now I'd guess it has reached the end of its' life expectancy...Dual's are not known for their quality and long life...time for a replacement...get a better quality unit this time.

Sounds to me like a wiring problem. I had it happen in my car after 3 months of playing fine. A wire could have rubbed through and shorted out. If its not wiring then your deck is toast.

Use a volt meter to check for +12V on the ignition switched power lead at the radio's harness. You seem to have 12V on the constant lead, but without 12V on the switched lead a car radio will not turn on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tuhmez

tuhmez
Huntsville, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
trumpet