"Torque" amplifiers

Participant count
  • Participant list

dnosryd
10+ year member

What's going on, been away awhile working at life but I got alot of help here in the past just looking for more now.

Got a son who's just driving and since he's a great kid I was thinking of starting him out with a little bit of audio without breaking the bank. Thinking of starting him out with the CompVR's since it's a 2fer deal and a friend of mine donated an amp to the cause. It's a Torque T1200 2 channel amp. Anybody ever hear of this amp and any idea if it's stable at 1 or 2 ohms. Links to any specs would be even better so I can figure out what ohm subs to match it with. Thanks for any help.

I tried poking around for a bit on google and some other car stereo sites and didn't pull up anything on a "Torque" amplifier. Some one else may have better luck than I. However, if I had to guess, I'd say its a flea market amp, which isn't *necessarily* a bad thing in itself, but the quality of its build and veracity of its power ratings comes into question. Those subs are rated at 400w rms if I recall correctly, your best bet is to look for an amp (maybe a nice class d - highly efficient ) that can put out anywhere from 600 to 800 watts rms into a 2 ohm mono load. Good brand names to look for are kicker, orion....maybe even hifonics. On the cheaper end you can try lanzar, powerbass, profile....poweracoustic? Ebay and the classified section would be your friend if you don't mind not having a warranty, and buying used.

Good luck!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dnosryd

10+ year member
dnosryd
paramount, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from