"FrontBass" car audio systems?

Factory systems especially in a expensive luxury car, should have a system where you DON'T have to upgrade a thing, except maybe wiring, big 3 upgrade.

Factory systems should come with better audio gear. The newer model vehicles are geting there, just not quite.
Some of the new Lexus models have Hertz systems from the factroy ("Tuned for 8 hours", pfft). They still don't sound as good as my front stage... And yes I have heard these systems. Factory systems might be better if they did some sort of deadening, at least in high end cars like Lexus. But if tear the doors apart to deaden it, you bet your *** I'm upgrading speakers and wires while I'm in there.

My car actually had legit factory sound deadening, and it was an 86'
So did my '88. Trunk was lined with it. That was before every ounce and 0.1 mpg was such a vital part of the design process.

These days if you add weight for an accessory it has to be accounted for by lightening something else -- and that gets expensive.

If the person in charge of the sound system design went to the managing engineer and told him or her they need to add 50lb of damping (or 10lb for that matter) so the speakers sound better they would probably get laughed at...then fired.

have you seen the magnets on their speakers?
images

look like 2 dollars worth of engineering went into this.

Some of the new Lexus models have Hertz systems from the factroy ("Tuned for 8 hours", pfft). They still don't sound as good as my front stage... And yes I have heard these systems. Factory systems might be better if they did some sort of deadening, at least in high end cars like Lexus. But if tear the doors apart to deaden it, you bet your *** I'm upgrading speakers and wires while I'm in there.

Hertz don't have a OEM. Lexus uses ML

I've heard some factory premium systems that sounded great...at least my version of what sounds great. Very punchy, tight and articulate bass, smooth mids and mellow highs. My wife's old car had a factory infinity system with a 6 disc changer and 3 way fronts with the mid and tweeter on the A pillar, now the SQ itself wasn't that great but would flat out lay down some pound for no more than it was, it would shake the side mirrors and bounce around an empty pop can on the console. But then the speakers started rattling so she had to keep the bass down.

Most people though never change their factor system, so manufacturers might as well make them better. for the few others that do, they'll just add a Sound Ordinance powered sub or infinity baselink and call it a day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LongThrow

My Kickers be swaggin'
LongThrow
Springfield, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from