"FrontBass" car audio systems?

Front Bass...Most of the SQ/MECCA guys Ive met,would use the front passengers side floor board to run a 10" sub up front if they didnt want to place an 8 or 10 in the doors or under the front seats..They have been doing it for quite some time,,and sounds fantastic,and pretty concealed.

It's two 8's with not very much excursion on low power. Yes, it's geared towards SQ if you're into that. I would not buy a vehicle for it's sound system. Even if I did get a high-dollar vehicle like a Mercedes, I would replace the speakers and add a sub anyways

It's two 8's with not very much excursion on low power. Yes, it's geared towards SQ if you're into that. I would not buy a vehicle for it's sound system. Even if I did get a high-dollar vehicle like a Mercedes, I would replace the speakers and add a sub anyways
Factory systems especially in a expensive luxury car, should have a system where you DON'T have to upgrade a thing, except maybe wiring, big 3 upgrade.

Front Bass...Most of the SQ/MECCA guys Ive met,would use the front passengers side floor board to run a 10" sub up front if they didnt want to place an 8 or 10 in the doors or under the front seats..They have been doing it for quite some time,,and sounds fantastic,and pretty concealed.
bleh. I dont like driving mercedes cars as much as beamers.
Factory systems should come with better audio gear. The newer model vehicles are geting there, just not quite.

Factory systems especially in a expensive luxury car, should have a system where you DON'T have to upgrade a thing, except maybe wiring, big 3 upgrade.
Lol, so you're saying you wouldn't have to change anything, but you may have to do the big three??? For a stock system, I see no benefit whatsoever to doing the big 3.

I don't know about you, but I bet there isn't a stock system out there that I would be happy with.

Lol, so you're saying you wouldn't have to change anything, but you may have to do the big three??? For a stock system, I see no benefit whatsoever to doing the big 3.
I don't know about you, but I bet there isn't a stock system out there that I would be happy with.
Oversized wires may be overlooked by a mass-producing car company that only cares to flip profits. (Any car company IMHO) Doesn't sound so unreasonable to have to add extra wiring, does it? What if some car company put their own line of equipment out and exclusively put it into their cars? What if it was on 2-3k watts of power, subs hittin 20hz and under? Very unrealistic this will happen in a factory system but you get the point.

And I don't have any factory systems I enjoy - thats why I posted this thread. It's nice to see companies trying to upgrade their factory audio. I have a buddy who loved the factory system on his 1996 lincoln continental. Went out and bought OEM factory speakers and subwoofer to replaace the blown ones. He loves 'premium' factory audio. Not everyone is like WOAH OMGBBQSAUCE 160DB

That's what I'm saying. Factory systems are ridiculous. Might as well not put anything in there.
I seen this articles when it came out in 2012. many other car makers have also begun to think more critically about their audio layouts.

Oversized wires may be overlooked by a mass-producing car company that only cares to flip profits. (Any car company IMHO) Doesn't sound so unreasonable to have to add extra wiring, does it? What if some car company put their own line of equipment out and exclusively put it into their cars? What if it was on 2-3k watts of power, subs hittin 20hz and under? Very unrealistic this will happen in a factory system but you get the point.
And I don't have any factory systems I enjoy - thats why I posted this thread. It's nice to see companies trying to upgrade their factory audio. I have a buddy who loved the factory system on his 1996 lincoln continental. Went out and bought OEM factory speakers and subwoofer to replaace the blown ones. He loves 'premium' factory audio. Not everyone is like WOAH OMGBBQSAUCE 160DB
Companies don't put anything over 1,000 watts in vehicles. Most just run everything off of headunit power. So they're going to take the time, spend the R&D money, and spend money on changing the car's frame, but are going to cheap out and use small crappy wire? I don't think so..

I would rather manufacturers spend less time and money on stock systems. That just makes the vehicle cost more, and I'm going to replace it anyways.

I seen this articles when it came out in 2012. many other car makers have also begun to think more critically about their audio layouts.
About ******* time, eh? Any companies putting in 10-12 inch subs, 500w over more? Factory Sound deadening?

Companies don't put anything over 1,000 watts in vehicles. Most just run everything off of headunit power. So they're going to take the time, spend the R&D money, and spend money on changing the car's frame, but are going to cheap out and use small crappy wire? I don't think so..
I would rather manufacturers spend less time and money on stock systems. That just makes the vehicle cost more, and I'm going to replace it anyways.
You'd be surprised, young dull brick.

And if the factory system was good nough, why replace it? Of course if it wasn't up to par with your standards. But what if it WAS?

My car actually had legit factory sound deadening, and it was an 86'

By chance do you have pics? Thats interesting

You'd be surprised, young dull brick. And if the factory system was good nough, why replace it? Of course if it wasn't up to par with your standards. But what if it WAS?

By chance do you have pics? Thats interesting
Bottom line is it was not. I would have gotten new stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LongThrow

My Kickers be swaggin'
LongThrow
Springfield, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from