quick question.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not sure I understand the question, but... if the slope is 24 dB/octave then half an octave would be 12 dB up or down (depending on which way you're going). So... I think the answer is "yes".

Look at the frequency responce and the graph. That's even to low for mine and they can go low
Looks at graph...so what I'm guessing is that I wouldn't want to crossover anywhere below 3.5 because that's where it stops playing flatly?

The general rule is you can cross one octave above your tweeters fs. There are lots of exceptions to this of course. Especially if using steep slopes and what kind of power you're sending.

Well. My issue seems to be that I have a horrible peak in my 1-3khz range and I cannot figure out what's causing it. I can drop my door speaker to 1.25 khz and -12 db and that helps lower that peak but the 80prs doesn't allow mids to be crossed over any lower. I even have both 800-1.25khz at -6 on the eq. Still super peaky. I've been fighting this forever.

Install is on point. Everythings proper. i did leave the factory baffles because i didnt want to make mdf ones. It doesnt cause any resonance so i havnt bothered with it.

IMG_0475.jpg

^^ not my car, just a google pic of the factory baffle.

Ive used the eq. 2-3khz can be tamed with the -6 db drops but 1khz is more than 6db at its peak and i dont understand why. its not a phase issue of boosting because i can switch phase all day long and it doesnt change. my best guess is that its just the speaker. It might even just be the passenger door because its on axis. I cant remember but i feel like if i brought down the volume on the just right door speaker, then it takes a lot of that peakyness away.

If you look at the response graph of the speaker. it goes go up about 3db at 1khz.. so maybe im just getting in phase speaker response from my l/r speakers and its boosting that particular freq band.

EV_165.5-graph.jpg

Don't be afraid to make fairly drastic cuts on the EQ if that's what it takes to make it sound better. You don't have unlimited crossover choices so keep those tweeters healthy and EQ away the peaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.