---====QUICK question??====---

unknownmotive
10+ year member

Is there suppose to be a gasket that goes between the sub and the enclosure? Does that usually come with the sub or do i buy one?

I am going to install my amp behind my back seat which underneath is metal. Should i screw a piece of wood into the metal then crew the amp on to the wood or can i just crew it directly on to the pack seat?

What is the best way to get wire through a stubborn grommet in a firewall?

go to Wal mart and get some of this ****....

FOAM%20STRIP%20h250.jpg

Firewall: Cut a slit just enough to push the wire through.

1- Some subs do come with a seperate gasket, some come with it already attached to the basket, and others have none at all. It depends on the woofer. And whether or not you need on depends on what the sub is being mounted to. If it is a carpeted box you shouldn't need one. But if its getting mounted directly on a hard surface (wood, fiberglass). you would need to use a gasket.

2- As long as you get the amp mounted securely to the seat you won't need a board.

3- There are a lot of different ways to do this depending on how stubborn the grommet is. But usually sticking something through it like a screwdriver(being carefull not to hit any wires) then tapeing the wire to it and pulling it back through is the easiest way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.