Quick question - ported box.

Participant count
  • Participant list

S(Q)PL
10+ year member

Hi guys. I'll be building a ported box for 2 audiobahn 10" this weekend, and I have a question. The Vas for this particular sub is .85 cuft, displacement is .10, which gives .95cuft per chamber. Since I'm porting this box, should I increase the cuft per chamber? Would appreciate some numbers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif . Also, this box will be for SPL, tuned at 40-45hz. Round or Square ports, which would be better?

thanks,

Rick

vas is not a number you want to be looking at, unless you know what it means, and how to implement it alongside the other T/S parameters...

which audiobahn drivers are you talking about..

give me model numbers and year.

Just to be clear, 1.6 cuft total volume, or per sub? 33hz would be right for an SPL box?

Seems I was way off, but thats why we seek advice from those that know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . One last thing, just out of pure curiosity, why use a common chamber?

per sub...

that's a little low for a pure SPL box, but a good spot to use for a daily driver to get them loud.

use a common chamber because it's the only way to make sure you ahve them both tuned to teh same spot...

Wonderbread - thank you sir for the help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. I'm planning to use 2 3"dia round ports, proper length for 33hz... that ok?

hmmm now that you mention it, a slot port would be easier with a common chamber. I'll look into that. If it's within my ability, I'll go for it. Thanks again.

Just an update..... Box is built, ports are tuned, subs installed, and to be honest, I'm impressed. These are low end audiobahns, and the general consensus is they **** for SQ, but they're not half bad. On the SPL side of things, they are LOUD, VERY LOUD. I didn't expect this, but hey, it's a nice surprise. I'm really VERY picky about my mids/highs, but I'm fairly easy to please on the low end.

I'm going to credit the recommendations from Wonderbread (and the nice gain from my jeep cherokee:D ) for this awesome success. Thank you very much, Wonderbread:D

no problem...

its good to be appreciated once in a while... most of the time im dead wrong, so this time i'm very happy with myself... go team! lol

PS - we would all like to see pics if you can get some!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.