QUICK QUESTION PLEASE HELP!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Josgon328

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought a couple subs for my 92 f150 and was wondering if they were any loud, im planning to due a blowthrough box. It is (4) 12 inch Rockford Fosgate HX2 punch. Im on a tight budget and got them at a really good price. I was wondering if i should resell them or keep them. Any opinions? Are they even any loud?

Last edited:
What amp? HX2's are gorgeous subs. Obviously the power series is better. Four 12's should be "any loud", as you so eloquently described them.

What amp? HX2's are gorgeous subs. Obviously the power series is better. Four 12's should be "any loud", as you so eloquently described them.
I have a shark 3500d amp. The thing is my neighbors have systems and I want something loud to impress. Do you have any experience with these subs?

I have a shark 3500d amp. The thing is my neighbors have systems and I want something loud to impress. Do you have any experience with these subs?
I only have experience with the Power HX2 10s, they get very low. I love that the HX2 series is very forgiving regarding box size. Rockford does not make junk and the HX2 series are very capable of impressive bass. Here are some specs:

Screenshot_20201004-224613(1).png
Screenshot_20201004-224539(1).png

Those subs are about 20 years old and probably have horrible spider sag. Every single hx2 I've seen since 2012 has had this issue. Inspect them real good and post pictures of the siders, I'm willing to bet they are sunk 1/4-1/2 inch. Those hx2s had soft suspensions with a single layer spider and over time the spiders cave inwards.

I would have passed on those subs personally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.