Quick question, need some opinions

Participant count
  • Participant list

IonRL205
10+ year member

DJ h4z4rdes
Well I'm getting back into the audio scene and plan to order some things in the next couple of weeks. Well I'm stuck between 2 choices. I was originally going for a pair of Kicker CVR 15s since I had them before and I liked how they sounded, but I checked a few other places and there's also the Audioque HDC3 15. I can get both choices for roughly the same price, but I'm wondering what would be the better buy.

Really trying to see which would be louder in the long run as there are some factors that would play with each setup. I plan on using the AQ1200D amp for either setup, but I don't know which sub choice to go with. I mainly listen to drum n bass and dubstep, with the occasional rap, and the lows in the first 2 are insane. My old setup with the Kickers was in a sealed box that fit inside my trunk and it handled the lows pretty well, but with the HDC I could have the single sub in a bigger space than the 2 kickers, but would having two lower end subs running the same power be louder in the long run?

I drive a 2006 Saturn Ion Redline, if that helps any. The subs will be put in the trunk. Also if anybody has any other suggestions, I have about $300 I can spend for a sub/subs,

Just mainly looking for opinions because I'm not too experienced with this stuff yet and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.