quick question...easy answer hopefully.

lazyblazy

Hi I'm new here and I hope I came to the right place for help. But I have 2 Alpine type x 12 4 ohms and i have them running on an Alpine MRP1000 and I have a the new MRX-240 sittin in the box. I currently have 4 gauge stinger wire running through the car. I also have KnuKonceptz 0 gauge wire ready for when I wire up the new Amp. But my question is, is the KnuKonceptz wire good enough for the system and what else do I need for good power. I already have the big 3 done, but do I need to upgrade my alternator, an extra battery, or just a better battery for the car? I drive an 02 GTP with a stock alternator. Thank you.

hes prolly got em wired to 4 ohm on that mrp1000 if hes got em on 1 that amp isnt stable for it....and im not sure if the other one is either im guessing hes planning to run one sub to each amp 2 ohm? idk how that will work the 240 since at 2 ohms ur getting 2400 watts which is too much for one, and that amp isnt one ohm stable either so u cant run them both off it at 1 ohm....kinda lost on what hes plannin

Are you sure you don't have Dual 2 ohm Type X's? That would be the only explanation. If you're running that MRP1000 on 1 ohm you're going to burn it out. My suggestion is to take your subs out of the box and look at a subwoofer wiring diagram and rewire them. Here's a link for a good one: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 Or take them to another shop and have it done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.